Xbox 360 Water Cooling

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Aug 16, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

This is probably old news to those of you really 'in' with Xbox 360s, but it caught my eye and I felt it should be shared :)

Innovatek have a watercooling block for the XBox 360 so in theory this could be combined with a cooling loop from your PC, but the best thing is it completely eliminates the need for any fans in your 360.

Nice.

We can bring these in - likely priced at £60-£70 so do let us know if you want one.

[​IMG]

2. Gr Anthony

Gr Anthony New Member

i was think about what it would be like having water cooling in a 360 a while back..... how strange.

3. Tom

Tom Merrrrrr

4. Sub

Sub The cake is a lie!!

:O want one! i hadn't seen a full cover block before.. thats sweet as

5. Westy5

Westy5 Space

Now I like the sound of that - Passive Xbox anyone?!

6. latency

latency Existentialist

You'd need a bad-ass radiator to conbine that in a PC loop though, the 360 kicks out as much as your pc itself, so it's two machine on one loop...

Zalman Reserator would indeed be cool :)

7. movinginthedark

movinginthedark Trogdor...

Oooh... would consider ripping my 360 apart to install that :D

8. Graeme*Kustom*

If there's genuine interest then please do let us know and I'll see that we get them stocked.

9. Sub

Sub The cake is a lie!!

*puts hand up* genuine interest!
    infact i'd like to try and make it all fit inside a 360 somehow.. could be a project worth doing considering how much i move it around....
    yea put me down for one please :)

10. digit

digit 01011000111100

I'm interested I guess. Any chance you could do a bundle so the water block and a pump for example?

11. brumster

brumster Midland Muppet

Would be nice to tie into the loop of your PC, if you (1) had them next to each other and (2) had the spare cooling capacity. Otherwise, hooked up to a pump and maybe one of their passive radiators, might look nice. I would consider the quick-release water-tight couplings they do - used them on my Innovatek w/c rig when I had it, and they work a treat. Means you can disconnect it all should you need to move things about, with minimum of fuss.

12. Graeme*Kustom*

We've ordered some of these blocks, they shall arrive at the start of next month !

13. Graeme*Kustom*

Got the blocks now

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/XBox_360_WaterCooling.html

[​IMG]

They run straight off on 10mm OD tubing or you can swap the connectors with G1/4 to 8mm adapters if you want to use with an AquaComputer system.

Potentially I think this could be great with the Aquaduct XT 240

Only thing holding back is powering the fan controller for this, it requires a bit of internal trickery to get a 12v line out from the 360, but we'll keep an eye out for any easier possibilities here :)

14. Sub

Sub The cake is a lie!!

i shall probably pick one up in the new year :D (remind me) i just crashed most of my cash on quad core i'd totally forgotten about this lol

15. Zozart

Zozart used to be splaty

This does sound rather cool, but it's a shame that the loudest thing in my 360 is, by far, the DVD drive. :rolleyes:

If anyone gives this a go, do tell us how much quieter the thing is. :D

16. Sub

Sub The cake is a lie!!

i have to agree there, the DVD drive is stupid loud :( wish it could be replaced, can you play 360 games with the hddvd drive?(is that quiet?)

17. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

No, it tells you to stick the disc in the main drive. Interestingly, the HD-DVD and internal drives are almost identical in shape (internal DVD has some legs to support the drive inside the xbox), if you take both apart. Makes you wonder if one day MS will produce an Xbox with an internal HD-DVD drive...

Cheers,
    Stephen

18. Euphoria

Euphoria The music dude!

MS should of made the Elite with the HD drive built in, would of made far more sense. I've just had my original 360 replaced for the new model premium. The drive is louder than the original...

19. Affro

Affro Regular Kustomer

Anyone got a suitable cooling kit to go with this block, I've replaced my normal stock cooling with some more powerful fans, it's well loud, this would be an ideal replacement.

20. Sub

Sub The cake is a lie!!

i think the dvd drive issue should have been solved a long time ago :( nothing worse than a jet plane taking off whenever you want to actually play games :( i also agree the elite absolutely should have had the HD dvd drive, there really is no reason why M$ can't do it, other than wanting to make money off it. it comes with HDMI but no HD capable optical drive to me thats a load of crap. the sooner they move things over to HD-DVD the better the content will get with games, aka HIGH res textures, 1080p EVERYTHING.. we deserve it already come on!