Windows 10 problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hoggie, Aug 3, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Hoggie

Hoggie New Member

I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 on the 01/08/15.
    The issues I have are:-

Have a start menu but will not open
    Windows edge will not open
    No Cortana
    Cannot add another user

What I have tried to date are:-

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get an error with this Get-AppXPackage not recognized.

sfc /scannow

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Do any of you guys know of any think else I can try? Also I f I roll back to windows 8.1 can I still come back to windows 10 in say 6 moths time?

Cheer’s
    Hoggie

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Case STYLISH SILVER/BLACK TRIDENT CASE + 2 FRONT USB
    Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 965 SOCKET AM3 (3.40GHz/8MB CACHE) - BLACK
    EDITION
    Motherboard ASUS® M4A785TD-V EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe
    x1, 3 x PCI
    Memory (RAM) 8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    PSU 630W Thermaltake Berlin + 120mm Case Fan

2. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

hi mate, not sure whats going on..mines went flawlessly.... i know that doesn't help though! hopefully someone will be able to help you out!

3. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Upgrades seem to have been hit or miss - but it's always been a ropey thing with Windows. With Win 10, you have to upgrade to get the freebie, but after this you can then do a clean install.

Download the media creation tool http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Make a USB or DVD with that, backup your user folder data to another drive (and anything like steamapps), then run a fresh install. When asked for a key use either of these generic keys

Win 10 Home TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99

Win 10 Pro VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Then, when you activate, as long as your hardware was already activated in the upgrade, it will still activate now from the clean install.

And everything should be working great. It's always been a rule with Windows, try to avoid Upgrade installations, but unfortunately at the moment the Win 10 offer has been forcing this method, but at least you can do the clean install after doing an upgrade.