Top Gear : Reminder

Discussion in 'TV / Movies' started by haz, May 7, 2006.

Share This Page

1. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

damn, there was me thinking it was couple of 13 week series a year. :( I guess that shows just how far downhill they had went, cause I was avoiding it. At least we'll have the rest of the series to look forward to later in the year :D

2. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

What was wrong with the last series? :confused:

It seems every series gets shorter... The value for money is terrible these days...
    not that I have a license, but still, you know what I mean :p

3. Mnpctech

Mnpctech Regular Kustomer

I have to apologize for this.... the Top Gear name could be seriously trashed by the Yanks.. The trailer for the new U.S. version looks absolutely horrid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBcQ93e6Ns

I hope for their sake, that clip wasn't their best example of the show. It wasn't funny. The hosts look bored. I've seen more entertaining videos of the same driving on YouTube. search "Davidsfarm"

4. flux

flux Regular Kustomer

I liked the way they were wearing the same shirt.
    Douchebags.

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Loving AMD's new AM1 CPU

I would imagine this series of top gear was shorter due to the fact that tom cruise, cameron diaz and jeff goldblum were in it blowing the bbc's budget, i doubt that stars of that status would have been cheap to have on the show.

6. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Good point. As a viewer, if I had any choice, I'd rather see the three go another trip to somewhere in the world with some silly form of transport - those episodes are usually really good to watch.

I would consider the trips such as the North Pole to be some of their finest broadcast moments.

Although Tom Cruise's lap was impressive, having the high profile celebs on the show does not really add anything to it.

7. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

you'd think they would be paying top gear as they are promoting their film and hence doing them a favour by having them on the show.

8. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

Well they were in Ayr at the start of the summer so who knows, maybe a top gear beach party ?

9. Digital Doctor

They sure are, my favourite was the last one they did, Bolivia special. Very funny.

10. Beatdown

Beatdown Super Kustomer

I for one have a severe lack of interest in the star ina reasonably priced car part of the show.

mostly its people just tryin to plug their new shows, films, lives or whatever.
    I did however did find the guy from jurassic park interesting. (was that in this series?) yeah that was good, and Stephen Fry. **** tom cruise and **** that stupid woman too.

i watch the north pole episode at least 6 times and its good each and every single time, as were ALL the special episodes.

so please BBC, less 'Celebs' and MORE SPECIALS! YEAH!

11. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

i suspect that part is included due to budget reasons.
    most likely each episode gets a bigger budget if they include it.

The Young Ones was the same, they got a bigger budget if they had a guest on (the band segment on each episode), thus it was deemed an entertainment show rather than a sit-com and was eligible for a larger budget.

12. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

Interesting idea about the Star in a reasonably priced car... Truth is, it can be very funny, but sometimes I just find myself thinking 'get on with it!' just because it's on every week, if there is someone not so interesting/funny that week.

13. Digital Doctor

for me the funniest person to drive the car on top gear was Johnny Vaughan, used to love watching him on big breakfast years ago aswell, very funny man.