Theme Night 48 - Halloween, ETA Pending

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Oct 15, 2013.

Share This Page

1. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

They were never right to start with...

...it might improve them, emphasis on "might"...

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Firstly, I answered his question TWICE:

Secondly, I've already apologised despite the fact that neither Malcolm nor I were ever in the wrong.

And thirdly, I can think of several things which "might" improve you.

3. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

sigh!.....im sorry but to put this argument to bed i need to do this so as everyone is on equal terms

THE GAME!!!!!!! -_-

4. Nooit-Sterf

Nooit-Sterf ... yay!

Have a cookie for finding the purpose of my earlier post.

Well Dex, while you can say that Bryanese and Sajuuk are in the wrong, you would be incorrect. If we scroll back to how this all started: The original post from Deka asked if his laptop would be good enough to play the games, Malcolm answered the question, by saying that he would need to test the games. That's fine, that's pretty much the correct answer.

As i'm sure we are all aware or at least should be aware, we cant look at a post like Deka's and make a judgement one way or another, because a computer can easily be a good spec and be completely rubbish at playing certain games. So in this case, testing is the best solution to finding the truth. Bryanese then posted an agreement of Sajuuk's post followed by an explanation. That should be the case closed, the question was answered, opinions were given, that's it.

But no, the initial question was asked once again in a different way, and with an attempted justification. The truth is, there is only so many times that someone can ask you the same question, granted in different ways, before you kind of get fed up.

The unfortunate truth with computing is, what's on paper doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, there are times where you just have to test your computer and see if it can actually handle what's its supposed to be able to do. That's life, we all have to do it, there is no exception to that rule.

From then on the Deka appears to take it all personally. As far as everyone really should be concerned, this issue is solved. Deka got his answer many times, and finally acknowledged it and said thanks to Bryanese.

What seems to transpire past this point seems to be COMPLETELY unrelated with the topic or this forum's purpose. We don't need to know peoples personal issues at all, a question was asked, a answer was given, that's it. Sajuuk is right, ether intention or unintentional, when you start mentioning your personal issues as an attempt to justify your actions, your going to make the people who were trying to help look bad. I can understand the needs to double/triple check things, but with computing you MUST TEST, as Sajuuk says, we cant do anything but guess.

So no, Bryanese and Sajuuk are not nor have been wrong, nor do they require 'improving'. That post of yours, however, is wrong, and not very nice.

BUT despite everything, this issue regarding Deka, Sajuuk and Bryanese is now finished. This forum thread is about a Halloween Lan and having fun, not about throwing insults to people who are nice and try to help. End of.

5. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

I didn't say they were wrong. I said they weren't right, as in twisted, a screw loose, warped. Much like myself. :p

My own answer would have been exactly the same as everyone else's, to try the games and see how you get on. If there were in-game performance monitors I would have enabled them as well to see how well, or badly, the computer is actually responding to the game.

With the source games you bring up the graphs by hitting the tilde key (to the left of number 1), and punching "net_graph 4" in to the console window (any number up to 6 will give different levels of graph, 0 removes the graph) and hitting the tilde key again to return to the game.

6. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

7. Ninjagordy

Ahhh.......The Noobs!.........lol

THE GAME!! :D

8. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

Oh I know. But coming back from a LAN late at night with being busy the next day while getting prepared for a wrestling event that I have to queue very early to get to the front of the ring that lasts till 1AM. I need to at least conserve a bit of energy. ;)

Also that argument was completely pointless. If you're going to the LAN to play the games listed, you would still need to download them and test if they work anyways.

You have till the 1st which should be enough time to download and test, if you have problems running the game then maybe we could help. But we can't help if you don't at least get started. And don't use Autism as a excuse like this as it makes it seem you are just using a lazy excuse of not bothering.

9. dekadeka

FFS I guess you dont understand how autism can work, and did I ever say I would not test them first anyway I just asked an opinion.

Are you just trolling or something?

10. Extreme0

Sure, I being diagnosed with Aspergers and living with it for nineteen years doesn't understand how autism works.

So why ask the question in the first place when you could of been doing this at the very start. It's quite a simple answer to a easy situation which just involves installing the games and running them to see if there is any performance issues.

Sure, why not.

[​IMG]

11. dekadeka

I have been living with it for 30 years so would that not assume I could in theory know more.

You should then know that people with autism have problems with certain things, I too have aspergers like yourself though took 27 years to finally get assessed as when I was a kid it wasnt that known.

How hard is it to understand that I like to ask questions and check things, especially when all the answer needed to be was "maybe"

I like to check check and check again, I knew my laptop capable of source games but assumed that since people here were gamers and had good pcs they could of had experience of how demanding the games were so thought it no harm to ask, have you ever heard of "if in doubt, ask?" thats what I did

When I dont leave the house for days due to how the disability affects my mind and nerves something like Kustom is a rare good thing for me so a negative can affect me greatly.

12. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Right, may I suggest this topic is dropped now. Everyone's had their turn, and this is going to go round in circles or fan flames no doubt.

Can't really post up this LAN on the social feeds and say 'come and join in the event discussion in this thread' when it looks like this, jeez - always tell people about how nice and sociable the events here and here there's just post of arguing.

It's a real struggle for me to fit this event in at all - I'll try and get game suggestions tested / updated soon. Do forgive that if it's a bit last minute but will do my best to have something good going.

Further discussion not related to the LAN and just bickering will be deleted from this point, for the good of everyone as it's not going to do anyone any favours.

13. Extreme0

So what I can gather from slendytubbies. It's slender meets teletubbies with pop scares at random times with half assed levels.

I hope at least one of you know CPR. ;)

14. Ninjagordy

Well Said G!..... i think Big M is trying to scare everyone off so he can have you all to him self!! LoL :D

15. TomH

TomH Kustomer

16. dekadeka

I had a bit of nostalgia and remembered the fun I had playing Alien Vs Predator 2000 when it was released, should be good for a horror lan and only £2.99 on steam.

It was fun being invisible as a predator and stalking enemies.

17. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Pretty much all of the games are real "wear a headset" numbers but if there's a chance for any music, perhaps it could be fun if we suggest our favourite 'spooky' video game music.

Example: Mad Monster Mansion theme from Banjo Kazooie

(^^,)

18. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Guys, I know this is short notice and all - but it would be a major problem if we moved this back a week?

Despite my best efforts to catch up this week, I'm miles behind on work just now and not only is it feeling that it would be a bit irresponsible to spend an evening of playing games, I don't have any time to prepare for the LAN tonight or tomorrow based on current commitments for the 'day job'.

There's been a few suggestions of games that I would love to check out and include - and since, well, Halloween is today and it's already running after that anyway, would there be any mass objection to making this event run on Friday 8th or Saturday 9th instead?

That should at least allow enough time that I can get it properly organised - the Halloween event has often been one of the best themes of the year in the past, but I'd hate to deliver an event that didn't live up to that.

19. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

I dont think it should be a problem for me

20. Nooit-Sterf

Nooit-Sterf ... yay!

That would be cool, if possible could it be on the friday the 8th? i'm working on the saturday till late :(