SUB-ZERO Cooling with IC Diamond

Discussion in 'Cooling / Overclocking' started by gilgamesh, Aug 6, 2014.

Share This Page

1. gilgamesh

gilgamesh IC-DIAMOND TECH/REP

I am going to do this thread over a couple of days as the event is this weekend.

Yes i know its an old DFI LANPARTY (with a 6300 1.8gig cpu) board, but who cares right? AN overclock is still an Overclock!

Giving a demonstration on sub-zero overclocking to the general public in my home town of Morley/leeds This Saturday the 26th of July Notice the lovely DIMASTECH bench table..

PREP WORK FOR SUB ZERO OVERCLOCKING

After blowing off the dust and painting hte motherboard with nail polish....... I spread the artist eraser putty all over the important areas....... NOT forgetting to cover up the joints of THE CPU socket! SUB ZERO

[​IMG]

First layer of paper towels ONE SHEET does INDEED do plenty!

[​IMG]

LAYER of neoprene FOAM TAPE. NOTE do not just tear it off, SIMPLY measure and cut to size-that way a better seal occurs.

[​IMG]

Next layer of Paper towels. note i have put artists eraser around the screw threads also to stop any potential condensation from travelling down those threads to the next layer......... Just now need some vasciline to put around the cpu socket before adding the IC-DIAMOND compound and the DICE POT!

[​IMG]

MORE TO BE ADDED After the event This Sunday

2. gilgamesh

Applying the paste and mounting pot

IC DIAMOND installation

Simply do the usual.............employ a pea-sized blob in the centre of the CPU Like the following.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this stage, it is my suggestion that you get a hair dryer and on a low setting, heat up the compound...... this then FAST CURES the IC-DIAMOND blob and allow its to spread more easily when the pot is mounted.

Finally we add the pot itself.

To quote Blue Peter... here is the POT i prepared earlier, along with the K-Probe.

Simply place the pot gentle on top of the CPU, insuring the k-probe lead does not get in the way.

[​IMG]

Place the retaining bracket on top of the four posts , taking care to make sure all four of the long screws go in the correct holes.........ooooooooooooh matron!

[​IMG]

Place washers and wing-nuts corner to corner on the pot

[​IMG]

Make sure you tighten all the four wing nuts down FIRMLY.....The last thing you want is the CPU cracking due to movement of the pot at minus 79c:)

[​IMG]

Now here we need to create a SEAL around the base of the pot and here I just use ARMFAFLEX foam tape........job done:D

[​IMG]

Then cut these into small squares and place around where the bottom of the pot join into where the motherboard is,.

[​IMG]

After the squares of tape have been added.

[​IMG]

FINALLY as the last part we use the same ARMAFLEX TAPE to WRAP THE pot and t he mounting screws as a PRIMARY form of insulation and then we get this...........

[​IMG]

THATS IT......................NEXT will be Adding the DRY ICE and THE all-important OVERCLOCKING Results.............

3. gilgamesh

OVERclocking Results...

I will list these from stock to slowly increasing in level for DRY ICE Cooling

OVERCLOCKING AN INTEL 6300 CORE 2 DUO 1.8 GIG CPU

First up STOCK speeds !

[​IMG]

3.5 GIGS NOW if this was on water this would be at the limit..but this is on dice so we MUST do better:)

[​IMG]

3.854 gigs NOW this is how you cool with DICE! Very good overclock here i recon.......let us experiment a little more but 1.6volts=OUCH

[​IMG]

3.917 =WOW!

[​IMG]

http://valid.canardpc.com/mc254q

nOW LOOK at the massive VOLT jump needed just to get this far........ i recon this shows the limit of the cpu ..but.......... still 3.945 gigs is still a hell of a overclock on DICE.

[​IMG]

Think im at the limit now......but i ran out of dry ice :(

There you go folks, Overclocking and DRY ICE Cooling with IC-DIAMOND!
    :rock: