Steam code Curiosity

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by gamerdude1989, Jul 31, 2013.

Share This Page

1. gamerdude1989

gamerdude1989 Banned

Hi guys
    This is just out of curiosity, nothing more..

But i have been seeing ebay seller, selling steam game codes for certain games, at a fraction of the price...
    I see one earlier, mainly because i purchased DUke Nukem Forever from steam at £15.

I see an ebay seller that was selling this very same Steam key, 100% brand new, no hacks or patches etc..
    for £4.99

So my question is.. If they have the codes for a game thats £15, why are they only selling it for £4.99????
    and how are they getting hold of multiple codes for games on a regular basis to keep up their sales on ebay???

cheers

2. latency

latency Existentialist

Either they're dodgy, and they're selling the same code multiple times, or they're getting them from bundle deals- either humble bundle, or a graphics card bundle that's getting unboxed at a system builder or something like that.

3. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

They might've purchased something via Amazon Digital or Green Man Gaming or some other site selling games which register on Steam and have been given other games in the process. A friend purchased BioShock Infinite on GMG and got keys for five other games which registered nicely on Steam.

4. 3-Stretch

3-Stretch Registered User

I buy a lot of my games from fast2play.com and only ever had one issue with Crysis 3 where the key that was sent had a typing error, this was sorted within minutes .. Otherwise I wait for Steam firesales and buy for pennies ...

Im not sure how these Key store retailers get there stock but I would advise caution when buying, as a certain few are not as trustworthy as they could be ...