Star Wars III- Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'TV / Movies' started by Herminator, May 19, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Herminator

Herminator Registered Trader

So who's seen it?
    Got back about half an hour ago from watching it :rolleyes:

Pretty good, certainly makes me want to watch the three original films again, won't bother with the other two new films...

2. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

i went to see SW:Ep1 on the day it was released, but after that i could not care less about the otehrs, i didnt even watch Ep2 till it was on Sky. i heard this one was good b ut i dont think ill go see it at the cinima.

3. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

I'm just back from seeing it too!
    I agree with you Herminator! it was OK, better than Phantom and just about the same as last one, it would have been better of Lucas could write a decent romance / love scene!! his attempt in this move was terrible and the flow of the movie was wasted because of it!!

4. digit

digit 01011000111100

I saw the movie yesterday at 10PM, the earlist showing i could get into!!!!! The movie was fantastic easily better then Episode 1 and 2. It really tied up a few loose ends for me and made me feel stupid when i did not guess certain key elements to the story :eek: Lightsabre battles were good, but one did seem a bit to realient on computer animation?

5. Herminator

Herminator Registered Trader

I'm getting fed up with the number of movies that rely so heavily on cgi, LOTR had a much better balance of using models and cgi together, it creates a much more realistic look.

cgi people for some of the impossible accrobatics is also a bit annoying at times, the people just look too bendy but there's not as much they can do to get around this.

There were some great lightsaber battles though :)

6. jon bda

jon bda Mission From God...

Gonna watch this later on...will dig out the dvd's of the 'first' three and watch them again i think as well. Then round off a fine weekend by subjecting the wife to all three Indiana Jones movies i suppose...just like xmas as a kid :D...wheres the token Bond film...
    :D

7. kopite

kopite Super Kustomer

I loved it :F

8. timShady

timShady Regular Kustomer

I thought it was good. I dragged my gf off to watch it, she was slightly less impressed by it.

9. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster Komputerised Guitarist

I saw it last night - definately worth seeing (even if I was stuck right at the bloody front :mad: ), the graphics were great, and they certainly closed it off very well.

Although, seeing Vader's suit/armour makes me realise how utterly crap it was in the originals! :D

10. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

i fell a sleep lol

far too many gaping holes in the plot and crap acting

eg..

Emporer Palpatine i fear Darth Vader is in trouble

suddenly has managed in 20 mins to go from Coruscant to Rim world just as Obi wan leaves and OMG

saves Annakin...lmao

was pretty pore imo...

11. Feldman

Feldman Cod'ead

Far from perfect, but then so are any of the Star Wars films.

My mate summed Episode 3 up perfectly:
    "The good bits were ace. The bad bits were fricking s***e!"

Best scene wasn't a lightsabre battle, or a space battle or an unfeasibly hairy alien battle.

It was Anakin and Padme staring out the window at each other while that creepy music played. One of the best scenes Uncle George has ever pulled off, I think. Probably cause there was no dialogue, but hey ho...

And Yoda decking the Imperial Guards was a good laugh.

Take away the hype and it ain't so bad. Put it this way- would you rather Fantastic Four? :eek:

12. DaveMark

DaveMark Digital Connectivity Only

just come back from seeing it and i think yes pretty darn good , i get what people are saying tho , few disappointing bits ... good bits like Yoda and the R2D2 scenes which really made me laugh, but bits like the end on the lava .. the fight looked very fake .. to much blue screening .. but on the whole a very entertaining film

Dave

13. Colesy50

Colesy50 lazy boy

just got back from watching it (on my own in a cinema with about 3 other people - felt quite nerdy but wtf - it's star wars, it demands passion)

what people say bout the CGI making the people look too 'bendy' - absolute rubbish! if you want to see how CGI can make people look bendy I suggest you watch Blade 2 at the start when he's fighting the vamps in front of the "wall-o-lights". Ep3 looks flawless compared to that!

plot-wise, yeah i saw it all coming (only downside is knowing exactly what happens, but thats what you get when you make them in the order Georgie did) but i think he pulled it off pretty well. its still nowhere as good as the original 3, but no film ever will be.

all the little references made the film for me (except would have liked more on Chewie and how he at least got started on the road that led him to meet Han)
    my fav was possibly the mention of Wedge's dad at the end where he's told to wipe C3P0's memory

like Dave said, very entertaining and a good Star Wars film to boot.

14. Anduril

Anduril New Member

Watched it monday, never really watched ep 1 and 2 just bits an peices. Gotta say though i really enjoyed it, as people have said the cgi was over the top in some places but all in all a good film.

15. NickB

NickB Old School

Saw this today, really didn't like it, the dialogue was awful, the plot overly-predicatable (even compared to how I thought it would be). Why do we need little cameos of other star wars characters? I don't think my viewing experience was enhanced by having Chewbacca mentionned when it was solely there as a nod to people who have see the originals. Wouldn't see it again, waiting for Sin City.
    Nick

16. derthballs

derthballs random dood

I thought it was pretty poor, but im sure clouded by expectation, i intend to watch it again soon before making any more judgement.

17. danielctull

danielctull Totally Lost

**SPOILERS** (If you are that stupid and can't read the title)

3 of my mates and I saw it on Tuesday in between Episodes I, II, the Clone Wars cartoon and Episodes IV, V and VI. Seeing A New Hope again, really brought home how much hidden dialogue from Obi-Wan is there. Seeing Yoda on Degobah later perfectly fitted - he was going insane from being alone, and most likely still depressed about loosing to the Emperor.

I loved Revenge Of The Sith, such a good film; we all came out with big grins - which really does take something special. Some of the lines were cheesy, but then the dialogue in every Star Wars is cheesy.

A lot of repeated dialogue showed that there is a very fine line between the light and dark side, when Windu is about to kill Palpatine, he says he is too dangerous to keep alive, just as Palpatine did when Anakin fought Dooku. On both occasions Anakin is there to say "it is not the Jedi way", which sounds more of a way to convince himself of his Jedi beliefs. This shows why it was seemingly easy for Palpatine to bring him over, as Windu put the final bullet in his beliefs about the Jedi. :)

Not wanting to get slaughtered by everyone here, I did like eps I and II, and this was even better than them. I'll be off to see it at the cinema a couple more times yet.

18. DaveMark

DaveMark Digital Connectivity Only

i have to atend to agre with you daniel , i enjoyed it very much

Dave

19. TheFallenAngel

TheFallenAngel Super Kustomer

The bit at the end where they tried to explain how Obi Wan could appear to Luke in the later films by mentioning that Qui Gon had found a way to come back and then don't explain it!!

Also they shouldnt have named the babies or shown there was twins. It ruins the surprise that we had in 4,5,6 of finding that luke and leia are siblings.

20. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster Komputerised Guitarist

They're working on the pretense that we've all already seen the other films, so it wouldn't be a surprise. A bit stupid really, since anyone who watches them all in order in the future would be a bit confused as to why they'd been told the same info twice :rolleyes: