Sky broadband omg

Discussion in 'Rant forum' started by MMovie2000, Nov 13, 2014.

Share This Page

1. MMovie2000

MMovie2000 ||POP||THEM||TARTS||

SKY BROADBAND!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry Sky but your broadband is so bad I would get a better speed if my data was sent by POST!

[​IMG]

Just No.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

speeds are meaningless unless you provide some basic info regarding the connection.
    router stats, and distance between you and exchange and/or cab at the very least.

if your line is rubbish then every ISP will be the same.

3. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

Agreed Chenks. Here in Milton Keynes regular internet is pretty poor. BT infinity (to cabinet) is now in so getting 30mb but before I would get around 2mb. All providers came from the same cabinets no LLU's or anything so the end service provider was powerless really.

six

4. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

Welcome to my world MMovie2000.

5. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

well it took a while but i just left sky and went to infinity!

[​IMG]

Woot!

6. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

Every ISP that is on BT infrastructure you mean?

7. Samsonite

I just left Infinity and went to Virgin...
    [​IMG]

Bigger woot :p

8. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

nice...sadly....there is no cable where i live :-( we only just got FTTC so going from 7.1 to 71mb/s is a big enough woot for me!
    :D

9. Samsonite

4G is my back-up internet, which is extra handy because it works when there is a power cut (just use phone + laptop) and the upload speed is serious!

[​IMG]

10. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

yes, so everyone except Virgin.

11. Samsonite

Or 4G and FTTP ;)

12. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

I had the same speeds last year at my flat I lived in for a year, was a nightmare to download large games from Steam, in the end I just got some 3 pre pay sims that had a month of unlimited internet on them and a few hundred minutes for £7.50 each but Amazon messed up and sent me them twice so I ended up paying half that.

I just used to use them for a few months as got 20 meg during night with them.

Luckily now I get 78 meg with fibre, be glad you arent my friend though as he lives with his parents who refuse to let him use the internet as they have a 10 gig cap evne though he offered to pay the extra to make it unlimited so has to use his mobile and sometimes he gets about a quarter of a meg, his max is about 2 meg in a summer day!

Anyway it looks to me like they have reset your profile, its 4 meg when theres a problem minus about half a meg you lose no matter what your speed is, happened to me at last place as was capable of 6 meg but kept resetting itself down to 4 a lot due to error on line somewhere, had new wiring from pole to flat, new socket and a built in filter etc and did no good.

13. MMovie2000

MMovie2000 ||POP||THEM||TARTS||

Well after haggling Sky for 5 hours (Customer Service everyone!) They agreed to give me their fastest deal for £5 per month for a year after that though straight to Virgin Media!

14. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

In cases like that I just go straight to the top, when I had a problem 3 years ago with them regular CS were useless as was passed from the Scottish call centre to the Indian one who kept telling me they didnt understand as they just read off a bit of paper.

I emailed head office and had my line rental dropped to half price for a year, free broadband for the entire year, £30 towards phone contract(I lied a little and said phone was essential and had to use my mobile which racked up a huge bill) and a dongle that had a years worth of internet pre paid.

Then when I moved to another place I started a new contract(as had better deals) and got 3 months free tv inc movies, and again half price line rental and free internet for a year as had line fault and got messed around.

15. Nerdtech

Nerdtech New Member

Virgin has been pretty awesome for me :) Even though so many slate them.. haha

16. Bootup05

Bootup05 Bootup05

With TalkTalk here, had their 38Mb FTTC package, recieved 37 down 8 up, switched to 76Mb, now get 45 down 15up, considering switching back....

17. Koolpc

Koolpc Not From Earth

Talktalk here, which is good but would have virgin if it was available

18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Loving AMD's new AM1 CPU

Theres no fiber where i live either, i was on BT and they are a RIP OFF, plusnet does exactly the same for £7 a month less.