Samsung D500

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Khan, Jan 27, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

I just got the new samsung D500 :) Isn't all that really, just looks flash but the features are.... :rolleyes:

Anyways iam having trouble with my laptop's bluetooth device, cn't seem to send any media files from my laptop to mobile or the other way round. Anyone know w00ts wrong? Or is there any software out there that may solve this n00bish act...

RuHeL

2. latency

latency Existentialist

Firstly, bear in mind this it samsung's first bluetooth phone. The firmware is going to have bugs in it.

Secondly, you need to tell us a little more than that to get help.

What software are you useing? What bluetooth dongle do you have on the computer? What happens when you try and send files? Does any other BT services work?

3. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

4. rusty

rusty Registered Trader

the bluetooth on my d500 works better than any nokia bluetooth i've had or used. never has it dropped connection, never has it had a problem.

that aside, are you using samsungs easystudio 2.0 (you can download from their site)? that will connect your phone and your pc and give you software through which to exchange files etc.

if you have infra red you should be able to connect through that. if you don't have bluetooth it's fairly unsuprising that bluetooth won't work - you need to check whether or not you have it!

anyway - what features (or lack thereof) disappoint you? i'm more than happy with mine...

EDIT - just checked out your laptop specs and i don't see any reference to bluetooth... so why you are trying to connect through bluetooth is a little hard to understand :confused:

either you need to buy a bluetooth adaptor, or you need to try and connect up through the IRDA port... both of which are supported by the easy studio software

5. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

You got a d/l link for samsungs easystudio 2.0?

Its ok, i got it but it doesn't link up to my fone via Inrared :confused:

6. rusty

rusty Registered Trader

i'm afraid i can't really help you with irda as i have never used it to link up things...

all i can tell you is that you need to set the easystudio to the com port on which your phone is found (for example, my bluetooth is on com 3)

you could always pick up a bluetooth adaptor anyway - they are only about £15 quid for a belkin one (well... £25 if you go to pc world :rolleyes: ) and it's a bit more convenient that havign to get your phone out and line it up with your irda port etc etc.

7. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

Yep, gonna get me one. Thax for your help :cool:

8. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

Well i got myself a Bluetooth usb adaptor :) Its abit like a usb pen. Funny thing is, i can send files to my D500 but wen i take photos and try and send to my laptop it always says bluetooth device not found :rolleyes:

Cn't be bothered to sort it out, at least i got all my club tunes on my phone :D

RuHeL

9. rusty

rusty Registered Trader

don't try to send them to your laptop...

use the easy studio software and then use file transfer in that. once you open file transfer it shows you the list of files in your phone and you can choose which ones to download from your phone.

ie you aren't selecting a picture on your phone and then choosing send, you are using the file manager on your pc to download from the phone.

that send via bluetooth thing only really works with other portable devices (sent many a picture to other phones by using that)

10. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

Ta, will give it a shot. Iam justing trying to connect my mobile to laptop via EasyStudio but for some reason it doesn't connect :rolleyes:

11. latency

latency Existentialist

You have paired the devices right?

12. rusty

rusty Registered Trader

and enable the serial function (go to bluetooth devices, then properties and you should be able to figure it out from there)

check what com port your computer has your phone as, and make sure easy studio is picking that up

latecy - as he managed to transfer files to the phone i guess they are probably paired?

13. latency

latency Existentialist

Not nessicarily... you can send files wihout pairing on some devices, you just have to type in a code every single time...

It could be that the D500 will accept files from a foreign device, but the laptop must be paired first.

14. rusty

rusty Registered Trader

fair enough... i did not know that!