Riots in London

Discussion in 'Topical Discussion' started by Osiris, Aug 8, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

Right now the area where I have spent the last two years, namely Croydon and Sutton, is being destroyed by a bunch of mindless idiots hell bent on securing a new pair of shoes or a Tele.

I for one am absolutely outraged and feel so angry that this has happened. Some people just hijack the shooting of a criminal, who shot a police officer BTW, in order to cause mayhem and destroy generations old family businesses like Reeves furniture is sickening.

I just hope the PM has the balls to deal with this properly. What are others views?

If you're in any affected area of London or Birmingham, stay safe.

2. movinginthedark

movinginthedark Trogdor...

I like the Guardians attempt at the rioters being justified and having a point. >.<

Honestly though, it is sickening to watch. Especially as these kids are destroying the communities they live in.

3. phil2715

phil2715 Registered + Sale

I can't see this ending well.

Not having enough police available means that the PM will be under pressure to use the army.

If he doesn't use the army, it'll just mean more looting, arson and burglaries.

If he does use the army it's only a matter of time before an 8 year-old looting a can of coke catches a bullet.

Bad times.

4. liadbacklad

liadbacklad All donations welcome!

a can of coke today, a tv tomorrow?

5. phil2715

phil2715 Registered + Sale

And that somehow legitimises the shooting of a child?

6. latency

latency Existentialist

The army won't get involved in this- it'll be a political nightmare with this going on at the same time as the middle east unrest, where we're all condemning governments using the military against civilians.

I know this isn't the same, this isn't a protest, it's mindless anarchism, but it only takes one idiot in the press to compare our use of the military with Syria's, and then we've got a nasty situation to cover up.

There's going to be 16,000 plods on the streets tonight, hopefully the show of force will get things under control.

What saddens me is that despite the vows made by the police to catch up to all these yobs in time, they probably won't get convictions of at least half of them due to lack of evidence.

More Justice, Less Law.

7. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

Who needs terrorists when you have "young people".

8. latency

latency Existentialist

yea... these people have no concept of society and law...

Law isn't there as an inconvenience, there's nothing cool about anarchy, we have laws so we can sleep at night without fear. We have laws so I don't have to cover up my shop every night with metal shutters.

I feel sorry for people who live in places, in the UK and abroad, where they have to batten down the hatches at night.

9. Kronos

Kronos New Member

When arrested tonight police hae new powers so the people they are arresting tonight are getting prosectuted tonight

10. flux

flux Regular Kustomer

Hey look, it's our fault again!

11. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

Its getting to the point where i would think people living in England would be wanting the police/army to take some more hard line measure to nip this in the bud before "londons burning" become factual statements rather than a tv show.

At the end of the day they are criminals...not a huge loss to society if a few of them become honorary members of the Darwin awards.

12. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

In an announcement today Alex Salmond announced a "Get them to work" scheme in association with "Scottish Federated Builders Union".

Starting Monday everyone receiving unemployed benefits will be put on to a new training scheme based in the construction Industry.

Based in Carlisle the new trainees will be rebuilding "Harian's Wall" to keep the English Hoddie Yoooofs out

^_~ lol

13. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

14. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

15. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

Born in 91 so no.

I'm always unsure how i feel about it, on one hand i got to play newer and more advanced games but on the other I've totally missed the Commodore era and such things.

16. fjk61011

fjk61011 New Member

I couldn't help but notice that the Scots and Welsh weren't rioting