question about my pc

Discussion in 'Benchmarks' started by derekm705, Dec 9, 2009.

Share This Page

1. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

hello , i recently ordered a pc an i was hoping to play games such as cod mw2 , crysis and fsx on it , im just worried about buying them of they wouldnt work atleast on mid- high settings .

here are the specs ,

windows 7
    4 gb ddr2 ram
    quaud corre intel 2.55 ghz processor
    nvidia geforce gt220 graphics card 1gb
    1tb sata hd
    26" hd monitor ( this is what im most worried about , if the graphics card cant cope withe the size abd the hd )

thabks in advance

2. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

I doubt that GT220 is going to let you play anything on med-high settings with a 1920x1200 display (which is what I presume is the resolution of that 26" monitor).

My HD4890 runs Crysis fairly well at that resolution (even then I can't run it at the highest settings comfortably) and it's a considerably more expensive card than the one you are getting.

There's a few graphs here comparing performance of the cards. at 1920x1200 2x anti-aliasing your card will give 8 frames per second on Crysis Warhead (or a slideshow as it's otherwise referred to). You'll need to either improve the graphics card or seriously drop the screen res to get playable rates out of that card.

3. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

okay thanks :) , im pretty new to the whole gaming side if computers so i need to find my lol , after march i might buy a nee graphics card if i can afford one , but thanks anyway

4. amogrr

amogrr New Member

Its considerably weak. My card is a 9800gt, which is about between a gt240 and a gt250, and that struggles with a lot of games. If you can afford it, why not a new ati card?

5. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

Way to bring up an old topic :). It runs things just fine :p.

6. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

Nice..... i remember when the topics were all new on here....no one needed to res older topics...

woot! ;)