Project Cars

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by thegreatpoobarr, May 7, 2015.

Share This Page

1. thegreatpoobarr

thegreatpoobarr New Member

Anyone playing it?

Thought I'd have a little dabble in career mode, and do so kinda realistically by starting off with the Karts. Bloody hell. I'm sure it's just me, but I'm damned if I can get the hang of the buggers. I'm using a Logitech DFGT, which I know isn't the best wheel in the world (but it's certainly better than a 360 pad!), reckon it's worth persevering, or just crack on with the cars? (which I'm having much more luck with anyway)

2. Flash

Flash Regular Kustomer

its more of a sim it requires finesse you cant stomp on the gas or brake like some of the older car games

have a look at dirt rally

check out jayz2cents and barnacules nerdgasm on youtube the latest Tech Talk covers both games also barnacules nerdgasm did a sim with one of the Redbull Rally X drivers

3. thegreatpoobarr

Yeah I'm fine with the sim aspect, I bought it purely on the strength that it wasn't just another arcade racer, I'm just finding the karts impossibly difficult to do anything with. Every aspect of driving them happens at 100 mph, I can drive them on proper courses, but the karting courses are so small, twisty, and undulating. I'm nearing a point where I'm getting far less back than I'm putting in. I'd be happy to stick at it if the experience gained translates further through my virtual racing career, but right now I'm sorely tempted to walk away and learn as much as I can on the Ginetta G40 Juniors which are genuinely quite fun to drive.

4. brumster

brumster Midland Muppet

Need to take a look at Project Cars at some point; but I've got into Dirt Rally a bit more at the moment. Big problem for me is getting all the G25 kit out and attached to the desk is a major rigmorole but I don't have the space for a dedicated sim-pit style thing for driving sims :( which is what I could really do with, I'd be tempted to play them more then!

Will be watching PC closely though...

5. Flash

Flash Regular Kustomer

I got my own copy of PC so have put some real time in, those karts are very twitchy (seems even more so on pc/windows version of the game), and I managed a 760 spin in a Ariel Atom on brands Indy

playing PC with a G27 I know now why so many do the brake mod

Dirt Rally is next on my buy list

6. thegreatpoobarr

Yeah, getting the wheel out and setup is a PITA. I've had a bit of a glance around at some of the wheel mounting kit available, and there's some interesting stuff out there. It's going to have to wait a bit though, I seem to be spending an absolute fortune already this month.

I've been having a lot of fun in the Caterhams, they're just infinitely controllable.

7. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

Guy's , Myself , Graeme (Kustom) and Doowak have been playing it since Alpha (Project Cars) , Dirt Rally looks and feels great but is more suited to the Anti social Gamer as its a race against the clock job which i hate.... I never play the single player aspect of games... its all about gaming with friends and having a laugh too!!

Poobarr, make sure you have your DFGT configured correctly and it should be fine i had one till recently with the Flappy Paddle kit from usa on it and it worked great but i took advantage of the G27 @ £149.99 offer in Pc World at christmas , the go karts are nuts but once you get used to them there good fun..they are totally different to any of the cars and all the cars or most handle completely different to the others.

the Ai is remarkably good to race with but can be a bit rough at times...the biggest issue i find just now is the Noobz online that just drive through you and totally ruin your race, the other one is the Xbox pad noobz!! there terrible and you can spot them a mile away twitching about on the track.... that sounds a bit " Racing Wheel Elitist" but honestly i have not found one on a pad yet that doesn't wipe you/everyone out at some point. if you get in with a decent crowd on any server its great fun, feel free to add me on steam and join in !! ;-)

8. Ninjagordy

The Ginetta's (especially the G55 GT3) are great fun to drive, also, the renault clio cup is great fun!! ;-)

9. thegreatpoobarr

Anything I should be looking at specifically that's easy to miss on setup? I had no idea that mod even existed, I could be well be tempted (though again, it's gonna have to wait). I saw the G27 go back down to £149 the other day, I just wish I could justify buying a brand new wheel, but hey ho this one'll do for now.

10. Ninjagordy

where did it go back to £149.99 ? my mates after one? set up wise i set my degrees of rotation to suit the turn of the wheel in the car view i think mines at 270 just now.... set the FFB in game to around 70-80% as above that its to severe.... the paddle mod is great and wasn't expensive but the guy that was selling from the usa doesn't seem to be on ebay anymore... Dare i say it, driving with Traction and abs turned on will help you get more used to the game in general but its best to drive with them off if you can. perseverance and practise are key..... consistency is the secret ;-)

11. thegreatpoobarr

My mistake, it wasn't quite £149.

A certain rainforest (I know right? trees selling ****, woah!)had it for just over £170 the other day and it's available from the same retailer via Spain for just over £150.

I'm running with traction and abs off already, thought it best to just start where I mean to end up. I'll look into the rotation. Ta.

12. Ninjagordy

Np ... as said, add me on steam if you havn't already, Doowak uses a DFGT still and he will give you his current settings for general use ;-)

13. Flash

Flash Regular Kustomer

when I get 5 mins I will swap the springs in the pedals around as there is no feel to the throttle

I was going to go for the thrustmaster t500rs route but couldn't justify the price, I don't like the shifter on the g27

14. thegreatpoobarr

Is there a Kustom steam group? Strikes me as a useful thing to have.

15. Glod

Glod Kustoms Slowest Poster

There is a steam group called KustomLan. Not sure how busy it is tho.

16. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

It's mainly used to get everyone together on steam for the Kustom LANs.

17. thegreatpoobarr

Yeah, I thought that.

18. Ninjagordy

guys, im going to make a Kustomlan lobby tonight password will be "MasterRace"

if you can Add me to steam (ninjagordy) and send a message or just join in hopefully get some decent racing going. if no one joins we may just run random online.

cheers troops!!

Gordy! (p.s. will be about 10:15pm )

19. thegreatpoobarr

Won't make it on tonight but I'll add you, hopefully make it some other time.

20. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

Anyone wants my DFGT settings just send a pm :)