Opinions On Case!

Discussion in 'Home Theatre Computing' started by betty02, Sep 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. betty02

betty02 Chaving Chavs

hey all building a new HTPC, currently have a thermaltake mystic cae, im going to be selling that and buying the Hiper Media HMC-2K53A!

Overall i prefer the looks of the hiper, it around the same size as a dvd player, o.k now things that concern me, im going to have to use a slim CPU cooler seen the ones i want but worried about heating as its going to be on 24/7 as its for my projexctore, will only have 1 internal bay to hold OS on and 4 externals to hold all my movies on im worried about if it will overheat or not?

Thanks, oh and a few pics!

From This..

[​IMG]

To This...

[​IMG]

2. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

as long as you follow the cases design specs and dont but extream gaming hardware in there you should not have a problem with heat. Does the case have a recommended CPU cooler or CPU type?

3. betty02

betty02 Chaving Chavs

yeah it reccomends thats you use the proper HPI AM2 CPU 9only £15)

[​IMG]

so going to be doing that, but i mena it supports lots of features and the mobo has like HDMi, TV, Freeview, 8+2 channel sound built in wifi etc all this is pretty much standrad im guesging the more features the mreo ehat its going to generate?

4. Retroanaconda

Retroanaconda Regular Kustomer

That case looks soooo cool.

*wants one*

Get it definately :p

5. betty02

betty02 Chaving Chavs

Yeah deffinatly going to get one but unfortinatly not from kustom and greame has been such a great helpd but foun an amazing deal on the case with mobo and slot loading dvd-rw really cheap so yeah once wges here and ive bought amp going to be building her up :D

6. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

side note... my Silverstone LC09 was a right pain to keep cool. Had to use a ickle fan on the cpu which (I know i'm a little touchy about noise) is a big no no in my htpc book. Providing you get a board that does not get very warm you'll be fine. Anything which some punch will be an issue!

six

7. betty02

betty02 Chaving Chavs

heya six, well it has a mobo bundled with it which i belive to be MSI K8NGM2 now i have no idea about this mobo (mainly hence the thread lols) But on the media side of the Hiper website they have a series of CPU fans just for there slim media cases which can be found Here so persuming im best of getting one of them?

8. saltynay

saltynay Eats, Drinks, Sleeps Kustom

I have the mystic you can fit in a zalman 9500 but you need to remove a support bracket which doesn't actually mean anything to case stability if you are not moving alot. It is a poorly layed out case though wire management is extremely hard and you will definately have to replace stock fans