Next Theme Nights

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Feb 20, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

I NEED MOAR LAN!!!!! :) x

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

LAN Game Suggestions?

Right, okay, listen to this: unicycle robots with moustaches play dodgeball in a Tron-esque world with disco lights and a soundtrack which sounds like something straight out of Graeme's playlists.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball.

I've played it with bots on the demo and it was pretty good fun but mutiplayer looks utterly amazing. Unfortunately, the demo doesn't allow for multiplayer, though, it's only £6.99 on Steam and I truly feel we'd play this game over and over again and it would lead to many screams (looking at Anubis). : )

This next suggestion is just a straight copy-paste from a thread I started a while ago when I first saw this but still reckon it's worth a look:

Spotted a firecracker of a shooter on Steam this morning and I think it epitomises everything that Kustom LANs are about: fun, chaos, laughter and endless screaming.

Screen Cheat: http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970

Screen Cheat (as the name might suggest) is all about screen cheating. It's up to four players, everyone is invisible and everyone's screen is viewable. You can only win by actively screen cheating. Sounds simple but it looks like absolute mayhem. Check out the first video on the Steam Store Page for an idea of how fun it might be. Definitely think this would be great for a LAN. : )

3. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

heehee, I had the rollerderby one saved in my LAN ideas folder already - pretty much planning to force everyone to get that for Easter LAN. It does look most excellent.

Screencheat does look fun but I suspect there's a danger that with the cost of it we'd have limited uptake, unless it was revolved around a theme night maybe as it tends to be only people enthused for a game that would come along then anyway?

Upper floor is absolutely *freezing* at the moment. We'll get race LAN scheduled up soon though.

4. Bryanese

Aye, Screencheat is a little pricey for a LAN game (I'm sure it was actually cheaper before) but it might be worth it if a nice deal comes up, especially on the bundle of four copies.

But, yes! Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball looks as though someone came to a LAN, thought, "I know how to make this place 20% cooler" and then developed a game specifically for us. It's like Tron, it has robots, there's lots of wacky gameplay and the soundtrack is amazing!

10/10 GotY Would buy for LAN. :D

5. Graeme*Kustom*

Just to forewarn, entry to Easter LAN will be £16.99 but includes a FREE Steam Gift of Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball.

Top value.

In jest, but seriously we should sort out 4 pack buys on that one.

6. Bryanese

I'm ... ALL FOUR THAT! :D

Seriously, though, I'm happy to buy this for the Easter LAN as it can only be good.

7. R3tr0R4z0r

R3tr0R4z0r Sexy Computer Hacker

Kinguin has the game on sale for £4.22 don't know how many keys they have

8. Graeme*Kustom*

GTA V Theme night on Saturday 25th? *April

9. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

Which month?

10. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Temping for me but I have a operation on the Monday, doesn't mean I wont want to come but by time I get back Saturday night wll be drained Sunday so not much chance to recover before op.

But a GTAV day sounds great to me.

11. DexDiner

Sorry, THE GAME has been hyped so much I'm no longer interested in it and don't plan to get it any time soon.

12. Bryanese

Gonna pass, sorry. Unless GTA V becomes a go-to LAN title, I won't be buying it – certainly not on release. : /

Along a similar vein, though, what about a Just Cause 2: Multiplayer theme night? I reckon that nearly all of us have JC2 and if not, I've got three spare keys on Steam for it. Server's a doddle to set up and, much like GTA, there's racing and explosions and general dafty antics galore. : )

13. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

I Have it anyway...... not played it yet but no doubt will!!

14. left-one

left-one wheres my pez

came across robocraft on steam might be worth a look for the lans?

15. R3tr0R4z0r

R3tr0R4z0r Sexy Computer Hacker

Robocraft is a great game but everyone would need to have their robocraft prebuilt before the lan as it takes some time

16. DexDiner

I have to agree. I'd go for it in a bigger LAN where you have time to build, test and refine your battle vehicle but not for KPC LANs, they're just too short.

17. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

18. thegreatpoobarr

thegreatpoobarr New Member

Damn it, I just said that!

Seriously though, there's a few of us over in the community I'm part of playing the hell out of this of late. It's indescribable fun.