Next Theme Nights

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Feb 20, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Current aim is early May for the 'Easter' LAN.

2. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

I am away from the 1st to the 12th but obviously you cant work it around me so its fine if its then.

3. Weeping_Gremlin

Weeping_Gremlin Beware the humans!

Quite excited about the Lan, wonder if Sajuuk will have his German propaganda music on when we are playing CoH.

I still laugh at his expression of when I deployed a secondary space marine HQ in the middle of his base so we could try to survive the impending doom together. Surprisingly it was a good tactic to extend the game a extra hour.

4. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

Also a good tactic to stop me having room for any more buildings. >.>

5. Graeme*Kustom*

It's only a month late.

But next big LAN will be Sunday 1st June, and no backing out this time :)

Games list will be much of the usual but swapping in a few titles - Prophunt *will* be made to work, and after being missed for a little we'll be bringing back in Altitude, Trackmania, Ace of Spades, COD 4 Star Wars, Hedgewars plus retaining the usual favourites of GTA IV, Armagetron, Gun Game, Blur, Warsow.

Will be having a testing evening soon to try out a couple of new titles, will post back on that soon.

Theme nights / days I'm sorry to say are just not happening just now - I don't expect to have time in the next few months, but we'll hopefully get a schedule of those rolling again, but it will be a couple of months away. I have much accounting to do!

6. Graeme*Kustom*

Looking at two events for October - I think it's been 18 months since we last had a versus night, so would like to do that on Saturday 11th October (evening). I think of these the first one was better (Dirt 3, UT 2004, Street Fighter, Tetron) - so would look to replicate that. Unless there were any other useful suggestions, may just run the same again. I know from the second versus night, that Armagetron and Hedgewars did not work so well as they took too long, so don't plan to use those again. Trials Evolution is possible for a re-entry, but perhaps not with 4 people at once.

For Halloween LAN - I'd be inclined to have it either just before or just after the actual day, so it doesn't conflict with any other social events people might have. Evening on Friday 24th October or Saturday 1st November are most likely candidates I think, maybe Saturday 1st November would be best?

[Edit - I'm going to need to move Halloween to Sunday 2nd Nov, something else has come up]

Potential ideas for November would be a strategy theme day, and another Race LAN - while it might have been an idea to do this on the day of the F1 finals, I think I'll be busy that day, but maybe an option is a race day combined go-kart outing on the 30th.

Then of course, in mid December will be the totally on schedule Kustom Christmas LAN.

7. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Waaah. I'm going to be away for both Vs. night and the Halloween LAN as I've Scotland Loves Anime 10-13th and I'm going away for my dad's birthday on the 30th.

The Vs. night does sound like a winner, though. Excellent variety of genres and the games selected are short, sharp and shocking to watch when things get heated. You're completely right, even if time limits were introduced, Armagetron and Hedgewars might be fun to play one on one but might be a little low action to watch.

For Street Fighter, I can loan both an arcade style fightstick (with genuine Japanese arcade components) and my Steam account which has Ultra Street Fighter IV (the latest incarnation of SFIV) for the evening. Just if it's of any interest. : )

Yes! A strategy day! WITH DOTA! :D Waaaaay too eager to pub stomp the LAN attendees. I'd go so far as to say I'd happy fight on a team comprised purely of bots if I got the chance to play against some of you. : P

Race day sounds good, but likely won't be my cup of chai – that said, if I'm free I might join for the go-karting and the final GP as it's always fun to watch with others.

CHRISTMAS LAN. YES AND PLEASE AND THANK YOU. : )

8. Graeme*Kustom*

Spooky Games Night will be in the evening of Saturday November 8th, will get event page etc posted up shortly :)

9. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Sorry to bring this up Graeme, but any idea of if the Christmas lan will be before or after Christmas, just as would need to arrange a hotel and need to check hotel prices.

10. Graeme*Kustom*

Hope would be to have it before - but that didn't happen last year as I had a huge amount of work to do and there just wasn't the time or space to fit the LAN in, I'll see how it's looking nearer the time, but admittedly the LAN dates are typically being worked to on quite short notice, I don't have much choice in that just now.

Spooky night will be this Saturday though and I'll advertise it properly tonight.

11. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

12. Graeme*Kustom*

Anamanaguchi T-Shirt!

Oh yeh, and goats.

13. Graeme*Kustom*

What shall we do for our first theme of 2015? I wondered about a co-op night or day first. Portal 2, Spintires, Payday, Borderlands 2, Artemis as suggested entries?

Then at the end of Jan, a GTA V night, I expect a few people will be picking that up.

Mid Feb could then be good for a race and karting day.

14. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

I have memories of a co-op portal 2 night from some years ago. Some of us couldn't finish it.

15. Graeme*Kustom*

Had not intended to play the whole game, just a few levels. As otherwise yes, it would take too long. Or never, ever, ever finish. Especially for whoever was paired up with me.

16. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

Or if you were paired up with Nanaki who knew all the answers but 'wanted you to figure it out for yourself'

17. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

Evolve looks like it could be fun for spooky nights or whatever, when it's a bit cheaper.

18. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

Getting close to the end of the first month of 2015. How we looking for getting in our first LAN fix of the year? :rolleyes:

19. Graeme*Kustom*

It's pretty cold in that room at the moment, hopefully will be more tolerable soon.

Didn't really have much reception / interest for the co-op day so I didn't bother, and GTA is delayed.

Race LAN / karting for Feb?

20. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

Evolve has promise. Been playing is beta code at events over the last couple years.

As for race Lan there is F1 testing at Barcelona in last 2 weekends in Feb. Could be worth just leaving it up on the projector while we duke it out. :)