Next Theme Nights

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Feb 20, 2011.

Share This Page

1. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

Odeon Kilmarnock, Saturday Night 20.10 ;)

2. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

It's over a year since we last had an RTS day - how would people feel about giving that a run again?

Also regarding other events, there will be a Glasgow LAN at 1LevelUp on 28th-29th March, of which I'll be doing 5 games on the 29th in the evening. League of Legends tends to feature a lot the rest of the time, so if that's your thing you should jump along.

Also, aiming to have the next Kustom LAN on April 27th.

3. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

An RTS day sounds good!

I'm not sure if it counts, but I've been playing A LOT of Dota 2 recently and I'd love to bring it against some fellow LANers. ; )

As this is a bit of a suggestion thread, can I go ahead and point out that Orion: Dino Horde is frickin' amazing? Nooit-Sterf and myself have been playing it recently and it would fit into an FPS LAN (or maybe even a prehistoric LAN?) very well. It has jetpacks and tanks and T-Rexes and lightsabers! It's a definite buy if it goes on sale again: http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/?snr=1_7_15__13

4. R3tr0R4z0r

R3tr0R4z0r Sexy Computer Hacker

Yes RTS is a must and Dota 2 is a brilliant suggestion. and what do you think about Supreme Commander?
    Will be able to come and on the 27-28th. and maybe bring another with me.

5. Bryanese

I've got SupComm, great game. : ) In the past we've played things like Dawn of War and Company of Heroes.

Yes, please do come along! It's always nice to have new attendees! : )

6. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

RTS - as usual I'll sit this out

1LevelUP - a bit more info would be good other than 28-29 March. Maybe post a link.

Kustom PCs LAN next - 27th April, sounds good, I may have recovered from i51 by then.

7. DexDiner

Just to point out that the LAN in April will only be a 1 day LAN, 28th is a Monday and Easter weekend is the weekend before.

8. R3tr0R4z0r

R3tr0R4z0r Sexy Computer Hacker

cheers I misread this earlier but still available for the March 29th

9. Graeme*Kustom*

I expect more details will follow on 1LevelUp's FB page, (https://www.facebook.com/LevelUpGlasgow?fref=ts) but I think they've really just said to their 'regulars' so far and will be posting more nearer the time.

Typically it's turn up and do as you like, I'm just doing a spot on the Saturday night (likely Warsow, Armagetron, Golf?, Gun Game, Blur). If you've already been / going to Kustom LAN you won't miss anything, but there's a popular LoL following up there, so worth going to if you're into that :)

---

Sunday 23rd could be a good day for RTS - games tend to be a bit too long to squeeze many into an evening, so a longer day may be better, something like noon - 9pm? As always, game suggestions are good, anything cheap or popular is a good bet. Last times we used Starcraft 2, DOTA 2, Dawn of War, Age of Empires Online.

Only thing against DOTA 2 last time, I think only 1 or 2 people that attended were 'into' it, which didn't really lead to the greatest game with just carrying a bunch of newbies, obviously if we can get a few people along who are versed in the game all the better :)

Will start thread on RTS LAN soon.

---

FPS Evening or Day will be happening in May. Either an evening with a few games, or a full day and including a trip to lazer quest as well.

10. DexDiner

FB, that's a Harry Potter reference. isn't it? Fantastical Beasts...

I really want to come to this so I ask only that this happen early in May as I have another LAN later in the month, please.:)

11. left-one

left-one wheres my pez

you know how to tempt me:eek:
    graeme you might need to give megazone notice.

12. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

i would like to point out us League players will not be partaking in any games of Noobta 2 for obvious reasons........lol

13. Bryanese

14. Graeme*Kustom*

15. Graeme*Kustom*

Just in case anyone from here was planning to visit the Glasgow 1LU event, it's been cancelled / postponed for the moment, something about their landlord not keen on the overnight gaming event. May well be back in the future.

Sorry for absence of further plans on next Kustom Theme events, I am utterly, utterly swamped with work just now, day and night, so not getting the chance to do anything with the LANs right but I'll do my best to catch up on that soon. Although the aim was to do the next big LAN at end of April anyway, so that may well be the next one.

16. Bryanese

Don't worry, dude! We're surviving!

Just concentrate on work and we'll be sure to hit up the next event as soon as you've got the time to spare. End of April certainly suits me! : )

P.S. Metal's the genre typically paired with the FPS games, right? Well, I hereby request this gets played during ALL FPS games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY. Thrash metal meets J-Pop. (^_^)

17. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

Since this now has a launch date (April 1st), I think the next theme night should be purely dedicated to this

18. Graeme*Kustom*

I can't wait for Bear Simulator as well. It'll be just like listening to Gordy playing League of Legends...

19. flux

flux Regular Kustomer

ah france :(
    gutted to hear glasgow thing got cancelled, was prepped to fire round and say hi while you were in G. hopefully it gets brought back in at some point, i miss the lan atmosphere :( hoping i can attend the next one! rts night sounds ace

20. DexDiner

Getting close, how we looking for 27th?