Next-Gen Consoles

Discussion in 'Technology / Gadget Forum' started by Jooster, May 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Fireblade

Fireblade Mental Modder[ator]!!

PS3 may be delayed until 2007!?

This article suggests the PS3 may be delayed until 2007 :eek:

:confused: :(

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy Obey Him

this is an interesting thread :)

but i personnally cant see much pint there gonna be out of date soon enough and pc will be back laughing at them.

as for the online part of xbox 360 is ALREADY behind before its release only supporting 32 players :eek:
    Battle field 1942 supported 64 and look how old that is whover said the ps3 looked like a breadbin your dam right ugly thing

to conclude id rather spend money on upgrading my pc than on a console ive learned from last time compare the resolution mainly on the ps2 its horrid

and do you really want to go back to

loading... laoding... everytime you cahnge screen granted this wont be a problem when there first realesed but as the standerd raises it will

3. Xantho Nyx

Xantho Nyx Regular Kustomer

teh normal xbox looks much better than the ps2

size matters :rolleyes:

4. Colesy50

Colesy50 lazy boy

I'm wavering as to which I want to buy. I will only be able to afford one and at the moment its 70/30 in favour of the PS3. Never owned an XBOX but Xbox-Live looks quite nice. If this is the case and they delay the PS3 by so long - I don't think I'll have much choice really!

5. Neoki

Neoki Samurai Modder

That is not the size of the ps3. The ps3 is much bigger and looks ugly. This might offend people but the controller for the ps3 looks like a double ended dildo. Kids run off to their gardiens. Whats a dildo. Reply its a extinct bird my friend lol.

6. Essay @ Kustom

Essay @ Kustom I friggin' hate Pod 6

Viva la Revolution!

7. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

is it just me or does some of the xbox 360 specs seem made up?
    I dont mean by Jooster, i mean by MS.

8. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

for example?

9. digit

digit 01011000111100

How could they be made up? What would be the point in that :confused:

10. TheFallenAngel

TheFallenAngel Super Kustomer

I played Xbox360 a few weeks ago, played about 12 games. I was not that impressed at all. Only I kinda liked but of course did not have time to get to grips with was Condemned. Reminded me of Still Life.

As for the comments on the Playstation3 controller, it reminds me of the old Microsoft sidewinder gamepads. Microsoft should wait until its about to get released then send them a lawyers letter :p

11. the_leander

the_leander Kustomer

I must admit that I'm more then happy with my Gamecube, tbh I didn't rate it until I got a copy of Call of Duty for it in Game for a tenner, I was astounded at how well it was able to deal with the complex graphics when compared to the PC demo (I really am that much of a cheepskate).

I also consider something else - the backwards compatability means that the revolution is highly attractive for me, especially if the price is going to be as low as advertised (£150 for a brand spanking new, next gen console? Oh yes). From my own perspective, games although very important only make up a part of my desision to buy, value for money also comes into it, especially these days when I have a kid bring up.

If Nintendo also allow hackers free reign (in that they can mod the hardware without threat of being suied into oblivion), I can imagine this console would absolutely fly off the shelves for the modder community.

12. TheFallenAngel

TheFallenAngel Super Kustomer

Ye I know I certainly wouldn't go out and spend £400 on a Xbox360.

13. digit

digit 01011000111100

Just as well they cost 279.99 then :rolleyes: The revolution may be cheap but most likely will NOT be double the speed of the gamecube. I can't see the point in the investment. I want better looking games, not a shocking controller and an underpowered machine ...

14. the_leander

the_leander Kustomer

Untill the full specs are released, you can't really say one way or the other, besides gameplay is more important to me then graphics, but where the value comes in is in being able to access the online library of older games.

Graphics will almost certainly improve, by how much will only really be able to be measured a few years down the line when the devs have really started to test the hardware.

15. TheDean

TheDean General welldoer

Yeah - That is the best thing about the revolution...You can re-live all the old days by conpleting Super Mario 3 all over again... :D

It also definately means Nintendo are conceeding defeat as far as game piracy is concerned. If you give the machine clear access to the net - It means games are seemingly a lot easier to get hold of than before.....no soldering/modchips etc etc...(Lets hope!)

16. re-enter

re-enter Registered User

umm? wrong

Agreed.

Yeah my brother just purchased a Philip's 32" LCD (HD READY),
    -1366 x 768p
    -Crystal Clear technology.
    -DVB-T
    -PC input
    -Pulse killer
    -And a Stand for £599 and fitted/tested free.

Yeah look's damm un-comfortable.

17. renegotiation

renegotiation Regular Kustomer

Exhange Rates.

I think £220 is more like $400!

18. colweb

colweb Regular Kustomer

Wheres that from? I cant seem to get close to that price online... ive probably not looked hard enough :)

19. re-enter

re-enter Registered User

As it can also be used as a PC monitor, i can't declare here although i have PM'd you. :)

20. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy Obey Him

Dont get this guys, were all pc modders or interested in PCs so why get some crappy console??
    Ive seen the graphicsof the 360, its nothing amazing, if you have 400 quid get your slef some SLI/crossfire kit :D. (before someone blurts out it dosent cost £400 yes i know that but thats sorta the minimum you get 2 games for that :shock:)

PC games will always be better than consoles performance wise. And the console style of gameplay seems to be dieing off.