New Shuttle - Recomended Hardware

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor PCs' started by DaveMark, Jun 22, 2012.

Share This Page

1. DaveMark

DaveMark Digital Connectivity Only

Hey All

Its been years since i been on this forum used to be a big active member about 4 years go :)

Time to build myself a new shuttle

Looking at this one - SX79R5

Just trying to figure out what hardware to pair it with , i was wondering if Kustom or a user would be able to point out any resticitons in RAM height ?

Regards

2. Archaon

Archaon Eats, Drinks, Sleeps Kustom

Shuttles are normally pretty good considering their size but I'd avoid RAM with tall heat spreaders just in case.

3. DaveMark

Cool , does this little lot seem ok , does anyone for see issues .. exspecily around the power issues the shuttle comes with 500w

CPU - Intel CPU Core i7 3820 Quad Core Socket 2011 Processor Retail - Manufacturer code - BX80619I7382

RAM - Corsair Memory Vengeance LP Black 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Quad Channel Desktop Sandybridge - Manufacturer code - CML16GX3M4A1600C9

Graphics Card - XFX 7950 3GB Core DD Edition with Ghost Therman and Hydrocell technology - Manufacture Code - FX-795A-TDFC

HDD 1 - 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3 Series SATA III - 6Gb/s Solid State Drive - Manufacture Code - CSSD-F120GB3-BK

HDD 2 - 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D SATA III - 6Gb/s Hard Drive - HDD - Manufacture Code - HDS721010DLE630

DVD Drive - Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 5.25" SATA - Manafacture Code - CML16GX3M4A1600C9

4. Archaon

Kustom PCs is a shop - no linking to competitor's sites.

5. DaveMark

I would never buy from them just so people had the spec :) and I'm not sure if Kustom sells half of the stuff anyway :) did not mean anything by it.

6. DaveMark

Links removed sorry :)

7. Archaon

Looks good, money to burn comes to mind though. ;)

I'd consider getting an aftermarket heatsink for the CPU, as they are small cases with limited ventilation and you might want one that's more efficient than the standard one, but you'd probably be best waiting until you have the case so you can measure clearances etc.

Also while the PSU should be fine in terms of wattage I'd check that the PSU has the correct connections on it to power a graphics card like that - I believe that a 7970 requires both 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connectors.

PS - Kustom can order most things in, pop them a mail - sales@kustompcs.co.uk

8. AllisterBansi

AllisterBansi New Member

Shuttle’s OMNINAS app has recently receive the “5 stars Reviewers’ choice” by FileDir.com. Shuttle’s OMNINAS app is an app which enable users an easy way to remote access shard ersonal contents as files, photos, music and films with a Shuttle OMNINAS KD20 network attached storage system through an Android devices.Shuttle XH61 is well-suited as a digital signage media player.The Shuttle XH61 is capable of delivering more demanding digital signage content, with the latest Intel® processors and up to an impressive 16GB of memory inside.

9. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

Email Graeme , he will be able to get you all of your components no trouble. :D