New board not as wide meaning I cant mount my water cooler.

Discussion in 'Cooling / Overclocking' started by dekadeka, Mar 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Its a Eisberg 120 cooler and Z97 anniversary board, the only way I can mount it would be to remove one of the fans(it comes with 2) or mount the 2nd fan on the outside of the case which would mean cables could potentially get tangled in it or I worry about putting it too close to to the wall.

Would it be better to just use 1 fan or put fan on outside?

2. Archaon

Archaon Eats, Drinks, Sleeps Kustom

3. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

In the end I had to put both fans on outside only issue is its not aligned perfectly so had to remove the rubber vibration mount so it doesnt screw down as tight so wiggles a little, anyway a strange new problem, after I replaced the pipes I put some drops of deionized water in the pipes to replace what was lost, I noticed radiator smelled either musty or rusty in that it reminds me of a actual house radiator smell but was very faint.

Been using pc all day, did go out for 2 hours and left it on and it seemed fine but about 30 minutes ago I heard a sound like just after a urinal fills with water(though only for a second) i.e water running down pipes or dripping like a swishing sound.

I turned off pc straight away left it 5 minutes then tried again, instantly got a whiff of the musty smell, its strong enough to be noticable sitting in front of pc but not enough to overwhelm you.

I then sprayed some aftershave on the fans and turned it on and smelled nothing.

No idea what it could of been though, could there be a water bubble or something inside that accounts for that sound I heard for a second? I cant find any leakages.