Nelson Mandela dies aged 95.

Discussion in 'Topical Discussion' started by Bryanese, Dec 6, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Late last night (December 5th) Nelson Mandela died at his home surrounded by family. This day will forever mark the passing of one of the most profoundly good and amazing people to have ever graced the Earth. : (

The Onion has a brilliant tribute to him: http://www.theonion.com/articles/nelson-mandela-becomes-first-politician-to-be-miss,34755/

And for the philistines amongst us who're unfamiliar with the gravitas of his life, the BBC has an excellent timeline of it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20713377

2. Koolpc

Koolpc Not From Earth

Plenty of people die every day. RIP

3. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

I know. I totally understand that viewpoint and whenever I see some 'tragic' story of soldiers killed in foreign conflicts, I'm the first to say, "but thousands more civilians died and no one here's bothered about them."

So, yes, plenty of people do die every day but Nelson Mandela dedicated his life to enriching life for others so that they didn't have to die that day and could live long, unoppressed, free lives. With that in mind, I believe his passing is worth mentioning.

4. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

the timeline seems to miss out the part where he was involved in the planning and carrying out of various terrorist acts that involved the deaths.

he is essentially the equivalent of martin mcguinness and gerry adams. terrorists who managed to find their way into power by the back door.

part of his life was also dedicated to planning and carrying out terrorist acts.

5. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

They do rather gloss over this, don't they....I believe even Amnesty International refused to back him when he was in prison.

Still, you know what they say...One man's Terrorist......

6. FinlandsForsh

FinlandsForsh ChrisForsh

its never nice to hear about someone dieing and he did do a lot of good for his country,protecting his own kin and his native countrymen

i read somewhere whilist nelson was in power,there was more racist crimes,rapes and other problems against white people

a lot of white farmers have there farms and wifes rapes, up to this day

i watched a program the other day also about 1 white farmer gets his crops burnt down every time they grow. his wife has been murdered, and why does he carry on living and working there...because hes been there for 40 years

another case 1 white women,got raped and kill in public! this was on the news a few days ago on yahoo

nelson mandela did a lot of good and a lot of bad

personally i dont care 1 bit about his death

he also in 1980 had the chance to come out of prison if he agrees to put down weapons,and swear an oath he and his group he made wont use violence against his enemys, political and other.....he said no

he was tried as a terrorist

but he did stop apartheid

RIP

7. DC DUO 1st

DC DUO 1st Super Kustomer

He legislated roughly a million of his own countrymen to death with his abortion law. He may have an impressive record in some respects and he might well have helped some of his fellow men, but he was most certainly no saint all-round.

8. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

Gerry Adams attended the funeral.
    that says it all really - both involved in the killing of people to win their "battle".

9. DC DUO 1st

DC DUO 1st Super Kustomer

Indeed so. However different the battles may be.

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Loving AMD's new AM1 CPU

VERY true