My HP Laptop is too loud! HELP PLZ?

Discussion in 'Silent PC's' started by JessicaJBoils, Apr 14, 2011.

Share This Page

1. JessicaJBoils

JessicaJBoils New Member

Hey!

I own a Compaq Presario CQ56-201TU Notebook and I have had it for a yeah now I used to own another Compaq before that one, anyway same problem as the other one (except I never got it check my old one) After like 3 or 4 months the laptop really gets loud... the noise seems to be coming from the fan and it sounds like an aeroplane... the fan works cause I can feel hot air being blown out but also at time the laptop overheats? Anyone know what this might be?

Cheers,

2. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

Try cleaning the fans out with a can of compressed air.

3. latency

latency Existentialist

4. JessicaJBoils

JessicaJBoils New Member

does compressed air qualify as an air duster as well? if not what do you mean by compressed air... I tried vacuming up the dust but doesn't seem to do much, by compressed air are you refering to those miniture can type thing kinda like arisol sprays?

5. gamerdude1989

gamerdude1989 Banned

yes he means those cans of just compressed air.
    but if you know anyone with an air compressor and air line then that would be awesome too.

6. latency

latency Existentialist

Yea vacuums aren't very effective at dislodging the dust.

I have a 90psi air compressor, but if you're going to use one of those, it's best to turn it down to about 40 or 50, else it's a little strong.

An Air Duster is a can of compressed air. They're a lot more convenient than an air compressor, but they're expensive if you use them all the time.
    Most local computer shops should have either air dusters or a compressor, and should be happy to give you laptop a quick dust out over the counter.

7. JessicaJBoils

JessicaJBoils New Member

Hey thanks heaps for the advice... yeah I went to my local PC store and they actually catured for dirty vents so I jsut handed them my laptop over the front deskspaid a small fee and they cleaned it for me!

once agains thanks everyone for the help :)

8. AllisterBansi

AllisterBansi New Member

Some laptops got a noisy fan, no one will doubt the fan is faulty or dust jammed the fan and cause the noise try to put a pencil under the rear part of the laptop and make more room under the laptop from the fan window to the desk surface, this can lower the fan noise. The best way is to replace the whole heat sink and the fan.