My first rant here!

Discussion in 'Rant forum' started by Hawken88, Oct 4, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Hawken88

Hawken88 Kustomer

So, you buy some goods, and before they arrive, you check by email AND phone the returns policy. All you're told is that as long as the packaging is in good condition, then you can return all goods within 7 days. Great, thanks very much.

4 days on, and you realise the thing you have purchased isn't what you want or need. You contact the company, and ask for a return or exchange. REFUSED. :mad: :eek: :mad:

For anyone that read my other forum about the display issues, it's to do with that. Apparently I'm not allowed to return the processor, despite being told by 2 different people that I just need to keep the packaging in good condition and contact them within 7 days. Both parts of that I have done.

:mad:

*begins to breath again*

2. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

3. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

so you haven't opened and/or used the CPU that you are talking about?
    if yes, then distance selling rules apply.

4. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

The problem here is that you have a Dell motherboard designed for AM2 processors only, not the AM3 processor you bought. I'd recommend buying a new motherboard which would give you much more features and overclocking ability instead of using a Dell mobo.

5. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

And new case.

Dell cases are rarely ATX form factor, and most often have custom front panel wiring. At the very least double check carefully before buying a board.

6. Hawken88

Hawken88 Kustomer

I did check all I could, but no one or nothing would provide the answers.

I checked with the company I bought the processor from twice with regards to returns. They never mentioned anything about invalidating any return claim once it's been installed, that's why I feel let down. I've been told verbally and in an email that as long as it's within 7 days and packaging is still in good condition then all is well

P.S. Graeme, loving the avatar! :)

7. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

8. Archaon

Archaon Eats, Drinks, Sleeps Kustom

That's pretty much standard. If they told you that it would work then it's been mis-sold and it's their fault and you can return it on that basis, but if you didn't check compatibility and bought it anyway then it's your fault.

At the end of the day it's not their fault and why shold they lose money over it? They can't sell it as a new product and they can't send it back to AMD because it's not faulty - so their only choice is to sell it as an open box product, which means they'll lose money. This is why some places will take returns but with a 'restocking fee' which covers their loss from putting it on open box.

If they've got written terms and conditions on their website then check that over and see if it says anything, but at the end of the day it's basically your word against theirs' and you'll end up in a situation where they still say no and you're stuffed.

I'm with Cosmo - move on and get a newer mobo, even if it's a cheapish one it'll most likely still be better than the OEM one your Dell has.

9. foureyedgeek

foureyedgeek New Member

Hi good bud Hawken88! May I know what happened to your processor? Was it exchanged? So sorry to hear that you had a hard time returning it. Hope everything went well.

10. Hawken88

Hawken88 Kustomer

Hey man,

Yeah I got it fully refunded - it went to a manager and he said the same, that they wouldn't refund it if it had been installed. I kept arguing and said nowhere in their terms does it say that. No matter how much they assume you should know, if it isn't stated clearly then they can't defend it (I have a friend that works for Advertising Standards Agency :D ). So I kept arguing the case and managed to get it refunded :)