Main pc stopped working after a house move

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dekadeka, Jun 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

I moved in 3 days ago and it was fine till about 2 hours ago, temps were fine, pc was running normally but all of a sudden the screen just went black with a split second power loss.

Nothing now works, I removed everything apart from the fans and graphics card and I noticed the fans for the water cooling dont spin but the pump still works and the case fans work fine, tried moving around power connectors on board and same problem so its not the pins.

My theories is somehow the fans stopped working and it overheated but then why did it let me use pc for 6 hours watching stuff on youtube before dying, or its a ram issue since the ram heatsinks seem to have fallen off in my hands when I removed them.

I am going to try the ram and graphics card from my spare unit but dont know if that will work

2. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

In the end I bought another motherboard the same and when I removed the cpu it had slimy residue on it, I assume from when I had a water cooling leak a few months ago just strange why it only happened now, then again there was some watermarks on back of the case too and some gunk on the cpu pins..

The strange thing is now I have never seen the pc run so fast!! even booting(I have a SSD) Windows seems almost instant as is loading youtube pages or playing a emulator, before it was a second to load.