Mad Max: Fury Road

Discussion in 'TV / Movies' started by Extreme0, May 25, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

Went to see it recently and I very much enjoyed it. Worth movie of the year for me as it's what I wanted to see in a Max Max Film.

Any of you see it?

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

TL;DR: It's amazing, go see.

Visually, it's just stunning. The designers have tried to go with as little CGI (bar the massive storm scene) as possible and instead have real cars doing real stunts and having real bits flying off them. Made the film really visceral, engaging and believable (well, as believable as those chases could be). Also, the colour palette is amazing: gone are those dingy post-apocalyptic shades, instead, the screen's filled with such vibrancy.

The characters and casting are also just excellent. Tom Hardy does an amazing job – when doesn't he? – of imagining Max on screen post Thunderdome. He can't speak more than thirty lines of dialogue in the entire film (there's not too much dialogue at all in the film, actually) but everything that he and the other characters say carries such heft. Also, strong female characters – need I say more?

One interesting thing my girlfriend pointed out is that the film doesn't spoon-feed viewers. Where something like Age of Ultron forces every. Tiny. Detail down your throat, Fury Road simply says, "Here's some chicks and a dude and some other really angry dudes and there's explosions and car chases. Have fun."

10/10 GotY

3. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

MotY the game hasn't come out. :cool:

I don't have that much to complain about. The only small issue was the Ford Falcon getting destroyed (again) at the start of the movie without much interaction with it.