Linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by RyanF109, Dec 28, 2015.

Share This Page

1. RyanF109

RyanF109 New Member

Hello. Before I write this, yes, I am biased. I own my own Linux dedicated blog and use Linux for most things. But I wanted to get other peoples' thoughts on Linux. It's been interesting seeing the sudden spike in Linux-based games in which Valve played a big part. The steambox, link etc (with link obviously you can stream from a Windows device too but the base OS for it is Linux).

I had been unsurprised when I read a couple of years back in Linux Format that Linux was providing better performance from games (not sure what type of test this was based on), so I started to run some games myself on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux Mint to compare the FPS. And guess what I found - Linux consistently gave me slightly higher frame rates, sometimes significantly. I have yet to find a game compiled for both Linux and Windows which doesn't run better on Linux.

Anyway enough of my biased ranting, what do you guys think of Linux? Have you ever tried it? If not, do you have any plans to? If not, why not?

R

2. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

1: It's Shite , 2: yes, more than once 3: n/a 4: see 1: ;-)