Linux Games Scene

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by Samsonite, Dec 20, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

Have you seen how many Linux games are out on Steam now? I know it's because of the SteamOS thing, but now there are loads of big name games on there which I already own. I am almost tempted to build a Linux gaming box and try all the games I already own... quite impressed now. And Mac owners get a good slice of games too.

2. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

I like that game manufacturers and development studios are catering for the Mac and Linux worlds. For now I'll stick with my pc. It plays all my games and a whole load more.

I had considered converting one of my old pcs to a steambox, just to see how it performed, until I realised that I was essentially just building another console. I actually have a couple of consoles, it'll be a miracle if they still work as all they do is lie and gather dust.

3. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

I have a decent PC for playing games but if I wanna show people in the living room I used to take my computer downstairs and plug it into the TV. Instead I can plug in my laptop or mac mini and then stream the game across the nextwork :) So if you have Steam on linux it might not be able to play all your games but you could stream the ones you can't :)