Laptop typewriter mod

Discussion in 'Modding News' started by Essay @ Kustom, Jul 6, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Essay @ Kustom

Essay @ Kustom I friggin' hate Pod 6

Another retro mod...or Vintageification. Yes, that's a word...it's in the dictionary and everything...( they took "gullible" out to make room for it... )

The pictures aren't so good, but I really like the concept: rip off the keys, replace them with old school typewriter looking keys. Simple enough, but I have a feeling in the back of my mind that the mod could be extended somehow ( it doesn't seem finished to me ) but I can't think what else could be done.

[​IMG]

Creators blog post

2. latency

latency Existentialist

naa... not impressed by this personally... there are a hundred ways which this could've been done better. Just a few stickers at the end of the day I think.

3. Big Adam

Big Adam Super Moderator

And it goes "Ping!" when it's finished.

4. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

i actualy like to think modding is in the buisness of improving visualy and the proformance of computers. that only seems to reverse the trend makign it look god awful at the same time.

5. latency

latency Existentialist

yea, well that vintage mod on the LCD and keyboard, now that was good, even if I'd never have t on my desk, but this is a but amateurish.

6. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Maybe the return key could be replaced with an arm that you push along to restart the line. That would be novel.

7. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

To me it looks like he has taken the keys off, coloured them black with a marker pen and put some crappy stick on. A decent keyboard mod for a laptop would be to get a new laptop keyboard that would fit you laptop and install it.