Kustom Online Gaming night!!!

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Ninjagordy, Dec 30, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

Righty!!..... i know that Graeme and myself has spoke about this and thought it would be a good idea but Graeme is meeega busy posting on facebook and other chat sites all day/night that i thought i would put the feelers out and see what sort of interest we can muster up. now , im a bit late to the show with Hamachi but i only discovered it and im sure loads of you will be aware of it. so, i know that there were "issues" where we could only play certain games via a lan for it to work right so im thinking that hamachi may sort that. or, we can organise playing private matches etc with games that have that facility.

so.... before we discuss what and when we are playing, lets see how many people would be up for this. i have a 25 man TS3 server for coms so were all good there.

also , im happy to get this going over the festive period if a few fancy a game .

so...

who's in !! :D

2. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Sounds interesting but what the heck is Hamachi!

3. Ninjagordy

right...basically its the simplest way to set up a VPN..... google it...

4. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

I don't have it either but, AFAIK, it's a form of virtual private networking which makes everyone appear like they're all on the same LAN network.

The only problem I can see is someone needs to be hosting the games server on the internet, broadband upload speeds are a bit slow. I mean, I have 100mb and the upload is a paltry 4mb.

5. Ninjagordy

sorry.... someone was at the door.... righty....basically some of the games we have played at the lans were only multiplayer over a lan, so ,if we use hamachi we should be able to get them to work !!

again, this depends on what were planning on playing as a lot of the new games will let us run our own invite only game anyway.

6. Ninjagordy

:D sorted dex....your the host!!! :D

7. Ninjagordy

unless someone is super ninja upload speeds........ i think theres guides on how best to set it up

8. Glod

Glod Kustoms Slowest Poster

Depending when it is and what is being played I may join in.

9. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

No, please don't use Hamachi.

It causes havoc when people bring computers to a LAN with it installed - if you're playing games online it's easier just to play games that work online anyway and use passworded servers and such.

It is something I wanted to do but my busy facebook schedule - ha, I write about one post a day - means I've not really got time.

Intention was to make a subforum here so that people could organise stuff, with TS or vent server details on a sticky and a night of the week picked for a regular meet, but at the moment there's too much other stuff going on.

10. Ninjagordy

no worries G, i know this and thought i would put out the feelers and see who would be up for it..... then we can take it from there..... now get back to Facebook :)

ps THE GAME :)

11. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Should be up for DIRT 3 later if you fancy it, still got a bit of work to get through first, so maybe in a couple of hours.

12. Ninjagordy

SWEET! i also have shift 2 installed (both versions) gimme a shout as the Gaming police are away on a night oot! :)

13. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

I wouldnt mind a source related game as I enjoy them

Out of practise on pretty much every other game though.

14. flux

flux Regular Kustomer

I'd be up for this! And does it really cause havoc graeme? I've had hamachi installed on my pc for every lan i've attended and I've never ever had a problem getting in to any of the games? For certain games it's a godsend!

15. Ninjagordy

im having issues with my shift 2 key on bothe steam and origin as it says its been used to many times and wont let me run it anymore...grrrr