Kustom LAN 28 - Sunday 1st April

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Mar 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Promise it's not an April fools, but just an early heads up that our next LAN party will be a 1 day event on Sunday 1st April.

Date: Sunday 1st April 2018
    Time: Event schedule starts 10.15am and stops at 9.30pm. (Arrive / Setup from 9.40am)
    Cost: £5
    What to bring: (essentials) Your own PC, monitor, keyboard, mouse, power cable, install the games below and test before coming to make sure they work.
    (optionally)
    Mouse Mat, headphones, mascot. Spare PC if you're unlucky and stuff breaks.
    * If you need a monitor, let me know. We have a few spare and can set one up for you if you're struggling for transporting everything or if your 'monitor' is something massive like a 50" TV (or if you're BryanHand, the next biggest monitor you can actually find).

Work in Progress Game List - Pending Testing

Soldat
    Last Man Standing
    Golf with your Friends
    Rocket League
    Blackwake
    CS GO Tournament (Row vs Row, 2 Games, + Arms Race)
    Fistful of Frags
    Golden Eye Source
    Dirt 3 Complete Edition
    Warsow
    Armagetron
    Battlefield 2142
    Garrys Mod Trouble in Terrorist Town

Back Row
    1. Graeme*Kustom*
    Weeping Gremlin
    5. Sajuuk Khar

Middle Row
    7. Anubis
    8. KobaltedAntland
    9. Rossandersson
    10. Epicness

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Graeme*Kustom*

3. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Does Battlefield 2142 still work? That private server reboot wentt down a few months ago

4. Graeme*Kustom*

I'll find out soon if that's the case - really above is my plan so far but it's pending it all being tested which will happen during this coming week. I still have the downloads for everything for BF 2142 from the last event and I was hosting a local network server then, so as long as it doesn't need to authenticate with a server list, it should be fine.

If it doesn't work, then there shall be something swiftly put in its place :p

5. Graeme*Kustom*

Seat spaces are up. 12 people only. I'm not feeling 100% just now and swamped with work, so not really up to pulling the room apart to set up more seats.

I'll progress on server setup and so on but it will be pretty much Friday night - Saturday that's done now, so games list should be checked on Sat night in case of any changes.

6. Anubis

Anubis Registered Idiot

Yo Graeme, sign me up. Any seat will do, cheers.

7. Graeme*Kustom*

Put you opposite me. I want to see the look in your eyes when I core dump you.

8. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

That just sounds so wrong Graeme :eek:
    Cool, thought you may have to cancel this one and I actually checked the forum last weekend for a change.:)
    Next to Anubis is fine.

9. Graeme*Kustom*

It will run :D Will all be a bit last minute but hey ho :)

10. Rossandersson

Rossandersson Norman

ill take a seat

11. Graeme*Kustom*

Couple of tweaks to this - obviously with less than 10 people it's not really going to be a super-duper full LAN experience, and what with that I've not had the time to prepare and promote a big event, let's call the cost for the day £5 instead of the usual £10 and we'll have a slightly more relaxed schedule.

I expect some things like doing the scenarios in Fistful of Frags won't work, and possibly Arms Race in CS will be a little limiting, likewise Last Man Standing, but we'll cut those short and then just run other stuff for the fun of it without watching the clock too much.

Some of the games are new, and it will take a little time to figure out how to get those going smoothly, so we'll call it a half testing day, half full LAN.

I've set up for 10 spaces for now, if anyone else wants to jump along at the last moment there will still be room :)

Further if anyone wants to request or suggest any other games to try that are either cheap or free and LAN capable, we'll pop those on the list too.

12. Epicness 357

Epicness 357 Regular Kustomer

Can I get a seat next to Ross? Sorry for late message, wasn't sure if I could come till now, will probably show up around 2:30.

13. Graeme*Kustom*

No worries, room is set up for 10 spaces at the moment so that's fine. I'll put a bell on the double door so that you can get in after the start.

14. Epicness 357

15. Graeme*Kustom*

Something I just remembered, Dirt 3 should be the 'Dirt 3 complete edition' version on Steam - I believe this is the version that has the broken GFWL removed.

(This looks about right for anyone who doesn't have it already, only £1 - https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Dirt-3-Complete-Edition-Steam-CD-Key.html )

It's been a while since we've run it, but cat and mouse might be one of the most fun game modes we've ever run at the LANs (although usually only on the race theme days in the past), and the size of the event suits it perfectly this time.

16. Epicness 357

How do you get Battlefield 2142, since revival got slammed by EA.

17. Graeme*Kustom*

Still got the installer and a folder backup from last time on the file server so just do that one tomorrow.

Epicness 357 likes this.
  18. Epicness 357

Could you post the spotify playlists?

19. Graeme*Kustom*

20. Graeme*Kustom*

Quick bit of post-event comment -

Was a quiet but useful day and I certainly enjoyed not having to work strictly to schedule and with fewer people it was less to go wrong :D New disks in the Steam Cache performed well so that's good to see that was working nicely.

Will aim to run a bigger event early summer with more advance notice and promotion of the date.

Pick up Blackwake if not already owned - I think it's going to be brilliant if we can get a bigger player number.
    Dirt 3 was brilliant fun and might come back on a future full day LAN (smaller groups) as some of the modes like Cat and Mouse are great fun.
    Armagetron Shooting and 30 degree turns turned out to be a great combo and will be on again in future.
    Trouble in Terrorist Town was also brilliant, looking forward to trying that with more people next time.
    Last Man Standing - might try this again in future, if we had enough numbers for a few squads it could be fun.

Totally forgot to run Goldeneye Source, and also shame that BF 2142 didn't work in the end as it was good before, but is what it is.