Kustom LAN 22 - Sunday September 7th

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Jul 31, 2014.

Share This Page

1. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

I am free but I cant find any cheap b+bs in Ayr for the Sat night, only for the Sunday night, anyone know any other cheap places.

2. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

Sorry, I'll try to resize or just use something else. Thought it was okay signature wise on some forums but I'll edit my signature.

3. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Probably the first time anyone's ever called me popular and meant it. :')

D'you live outside of Ayr now? If you're in the greater Kilmarnock area maybe we could sort a lift if that's easier.

4. Bryanese

5. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

FYI: For Puyo Puyo VS, There is a wiki dedicated to the series which has a list of mods that you can put on VS.

http://puyonexus.net/wiki/Puyo_Puyo_VS_2_Mods

Just put the extract/place the files into the respective folders which is inside the user folder on the PuyoVS folder and remember to check the Customization or Music Tab (If you have music files you want to put in) in Settings on the menu.

6. Bryanese

My Little Pony backgrounds for Puyo Puyo VS. :D

Ponyville Library:

[​IMG]

7. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Unless we get a rush of signups tomorrow, plan is that I'll move everyone into the middle rows (eg lower black tables) as we would use for a theme night usually.

Since there's stuff on the server row and first row already, it will save me time to not have to relocate stuff so much. Time is a bit precious just now, ended up with a plate fuller than I would wish for this week, so a little time saved on moving things around is valuable.

Even if we just have 10-12 people, will still go ahead with the event - it's enough players for a laugh, and it will feel a little more grass roots. :)

8. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

9. dekadeka

Im in Motherwell but to get a bus to Ayr I either have to go to Glasgow first then Ayr or Hamilton to Ayr direct which both ends up around 100 minutes to get there and think on a Sunday the buses dont run before a certain time.

I guess some event is on at racecourse or something Saturday as cheapest hotel seems to be about £40 yet the same room same hotel Sunday is like £18

10. Bryanese

Ahck, that sucks. A fair distance outside of Ayr indeed but not the worst! Perhaps if you could get into East Kilbride, maybe Dex could run you down? Or perhaps he'd be kind enough to pick you up? : )

11. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

[​IMG]

PM sent

12. Graeme*Kustom*

There's the Air show on Saturday - could well be what's causing an influx of hotel bookings.

13. Graeme*Kustom*

Just a quick FYI that I've moved you all to the middle tables.

A few people have said they are maybe coming along - so that at least leaves room for 2 more for now, but I can always organise another space or two at the last moment.

Otherwise though, this saves me time with reorganising my work area and moving stuff downstairs to clear whole rows, and keeps the atmosphere a bit more interesting than it would be if everyone was spread out around the room.

It's a case of, I'll only free up spaces on the next rows if more sign up, otherwise, we're aiming just to fill the middle tables since they're good to go already.

14. dekadeka

Forgot to say since Dex has offered me a lift I can come.

15. Bryanese

Eeeee! Really looking forward to this now! (^_^)

Finally remembered to install Nvidia ShadowPlay and get it all setup, so, hopefully, I'll be able to capture all of the epic wins and fails of the day and upload them to YouTube to compliment/embarrass you all. : )

But, because I'm working tomorrow night and won't get a chance to post, once again I bring you the "has I packed all of my stuffs for super happy fun times at teh LAN?" checklist:

Computer []
    Monitor []
    Power cables []
    Monitor cable []
    Keyboard []
    Mouse []
    Mousing surface []
    Headset/Earphones []
    Xbox controller []
    Adaptor for Xbox controller []
    LAN mascot []
    Homemade sammiches and juice (if applicable) []
    My Little Pony T-shirt (if applicable) []
    Practice yelling "RESPAWN!" in Flux' signature style (if applicable) []
    Fishing rod/RC car in memory of those who sold their computers (if applicable) []

16. Graeme*Kustom*

If I get time - still working on accounts just now in between a bit of playlist editing - but I'm gonna try and set up an IP cam to record the activity of the room. If it doesn't happen this time, it will next time.

Got new speakers and a lighting controller to set up as well as usual file server stuff tomorrow night.

Sad to say that the wonderful speakers we used to have blasting out beats around the room have passed away with a blown amp, but have found some reasonable alternatives.

And I hate to say it, but I've just ruined the hockey? playlist with the most awful song in all existence. You'll find out what on Sunday.

Rest of the playlists are good, made from scratch again as I've been picking out songs over the last few months, and just giving them a last tweak just now. I think the GTA, Hedgewars and Blur tracklists will be well worth sharing, and they'll go public on my spotify during the LAN.

Gun Game should be excellent this time, the maps we tried out last weekend look good, and looking forward to fistful of frags with a quantity of players.

I'm looking forward to Sunday - a quieter event means I can probably relax a little with the organisation, kick back and enjoy the games a bit more than usual. I need it - bar a quick excursion to the touring cars, seen little of the world outwith of slogging away at work for the past couple of months. I'll finally be up to date on accounts by tomorrow morning. Or well, this morning.

17. TomH

TomH Kustomer

I've got a Cambridge amp just sitting in a box if you want a loan of it Graeme - only has two speaker outputs but it can kick those pretty hard :). Bit sad I can't really commit to being at this LAN, not sure when I'll be free this weekend. Thanks for running it :)

18. Graeme*Kustom*

mm, dunno if that would be workable - the speaker set used before were Altec MX5021s, they're active computer speakers, so the amp was in the sub cabinet. I know someone who can do repairs on such things, but whether it's worth the cost... especially when components can be replaced and just blow again. But maybe one day will see if they can be brought to life again. I daren't throw them away just now, they were too good! I think just putting the satellite speakers on to an amp wouldn't work so well, wouldn't have enough bass.

Dizzee Rascal would not be pleased, he likes bass. Big, dirty, stinking bass, at that.

[​IMG]

19. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

Hey Mr Graeme, you've missed me of that new table plan, see post #28;)

20. Graeme*Kustom*

Crumbs, apologies. Unless we get more requests today I'm keeping the row with seat 7 for storing boxes under it, but for now I've put you in the central tables.

If we get one more entry I'll free up some seats on that front row.