Kustom LAN 22 - Sunday September 7th

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Jul 31, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

[​IMG]

Here is our next LAN - running Sunday 7th September.

Set up from 09.00am with the event schedule starting 09.40, with turfing out time at 10.00pm.

It's a bring your own computer event (though a few spare monitors are available, just say below when you ask for a space if you need a screen)

Location is the upper floor at Kustom, 40 Fort Street, Ayr, KA7 1DE. Ring bell on shop door for entry.

Cost £10

Go through the list below and install and do a quick 'does it run / is it set up / have I watched the unskippable intro videos' test. Everyone has a better day if we're all organised beforehand!

Post in this thread with the seat number you want and the space will be saved for you.

09.40 - 10.00 Mystery Warmup Game
    Early warmup game, a little points scoring challenge that I'm not telling you about so that you can't practise beforehand.
    10.05 - 10.30
    [​IMG] Altitude

What Altitude lacks in flight simulation it more than makes up for with addictive and fun gameplay. Simple graphics but fast action with lots and lots of shooting. We'll play bomb the base and football scenarios. We'll be using the free demo version

Free download
    10.35 - 11.00
    [​IMG] Soldat 1.6.7Quick paced side scrolling shoot em up, where we'll play deathmatch and CTF game modes. Note when installing : Make sure to reject optional items, eg search assistants and so on. Don't blindly click next!

Free download 11.10 - 12.00 [​IMG] CS Gun Game (and Pirate Wars)Gun Game pits terrorists and counter terrorists against each other in a small map, all starting with a basic weapon. Killing enemies ranks up your weapon, with the winner the player who reaches the top weapon first. Of course, not without a bit of piratey battle first to get you in the mood. Y'arr.
    Requires CS Source
    *Lunch Break*

12.45 - 13.15 [​IMG] Hockey?

First person hockey game that involves careful team strategy and precise aim. Oh wait, who are we kidding, everyone just chases the puck and shoots with crossed fingers. Free download 13.20 - 14.00 [​IMG] Hedgewars

Cutesy Worms-esque battle game that involves lots of turn-based carnage with an assortment of devious weapons. Guaranteed to cause rage. Free Download 14.05 - 14.40 [​IMG] Fistful of FragsFirst person wild west shooter. We'll run a free for all to get everyone familiar with this new game on our list, followed by a couple of team challenges.
    Free Download
    *Break*

14.55 - 15.25 [​IMG] Air Bucaneers

Flying ships, cannons and lots of falling to the ground. Use Demo 15.30 - 16.35 [​IMG] Grand Theft Auto IVGTA4 session will include a couple of races, some cops 'n' crooks rounds followed by a cannonball 'GTA Race'. Expect carnage, and lols. And that dinner will probably be late because of this, but nobody will care.
    Purchase on Steam or Amazon 16.40 - 17.30 [​IMG] Armagetron
    The ever-popular light cycle game - we mix it up a bit now though, with circular areas, fortress mode with maze maps and the fantastic capture the flag mode. Of course, we all know Superior Team Gold will win anyway, but that's besides the point.
    Free Download
    *Dinner Break

18.35 - 18.55 [​IMG] Puyo Puyo VSRemember when we used to run multi-player battle Tetris? Like that, but cuter. We'll run this with 4 or 5 players per game.
    Free Download
    19.00 - 19.45 [​IMG] Unreal Tournament 2004

Frantic blasting fun this time from our old friend, UT 2004. Naturally there will be flag capturing goings-on. Purchase on Steam
    19.50 - 20.30 [​IMG] BlurMario kart with flashy graphics - this great fun racer is the perfect bit of action to round off the day.
    Available from play.com 20.35 - 21.25 [​IMG] Garry's Mod Prop Hunt Replacing the CS Hide n Seek game, this follows the same strategy - terrorists choose an object to hide as with a 30 second grace period, then counter terrorists have to locate and kill the 'terrorists' before the timer runs out - often with entertaining results, as CTs chase lampposts along streets and moving chairs around offices. Requires Garry's Mod.
    Requires Garrys Mod
    21.25 - 22.00 This is our buffer space in case another game runs late. If there's time left, we'll run another round of a previous game in the day, back by popular demand etc.

[​IMG]

1. Graeme*Kustom*
    2. available only if event fills
    3. available only if event fills
    4. available only if event fills
    5. available only if event fills
    6. available only if event fills
    7. available only if event fills
    8. available only if event fills
    9. available only if event fills
    10. available only if event fills
    11. available only if event fills
    12.DexDiner
    13. Nanaki
    14. argh-its-ben
    15. Anubis
    16. left-one
    17. Nathan
    18. Sajuuk Khar
    19. Nooit-Sterf
    20. Bryanese
    21. Extreme0
    22. KobaltedAntland
    23. dekadeka
    24. available only if event fills
    25. available only if event fills
    26. available only if event fills
    27. available only if event fills
    28. available only if event fills

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Date saved!

3. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

In terms of suggestions. We could try Puyo Puyo VS which allows up to ten players to play in the one match and is very easy to set up.

4. Bryanese

Wah! Totally second Puyo Puyo! I know that we already have Tetron and everyone already knows Tetris but ... kawaii, man.

Additionally, I've found this fricken excellent looking Gmod mode called Gmod: Flood. Basically, the players split into teams and must construct a boat before the clock runs down. When the clock hits zero, the whole place fills with water and it becomes a last man floating affair. Seems like an utterly excellent alternative to Source Forts! Definitely well behind this one. : )

5. Nooit-Sterf

Nooit-Sterf ... yay!

6. Graeme*Kustom*

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys - still plenty of time to draft up a games list so this is all useful. Will likely aim to do a practise night and trial some of these out actually - Fri 22nd could be a good bet, I've got a pretty hectic schedule otherwise, but certainly by that point I want to finalise games list and get advertising.

Although one thing for sure - RTS games don't work at full day LANs, unless we do a 2 day LAN again sometime, as they just gobble up too much time.

There will be a separate theme day for RTS games during the winter. Can't beat a deep strike in the Penal Colony.

And behave, it's a Dawn of War reference.

But will take a look through the rest.

7. Velkro

Velkro Kustomer

working this one but will be at the next ;)

8. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

Under a fortnight now, how's it shaping up?

9. Graeme*Kustom*

I'm still engrossed in the game of 'finish company accounts or suffer dire consequences' for another couple of days in my post-usual-work evening time, sadly. When that is finished, I will start on LAN prep.

10. Graeme*Kustom*

Will do some game testing on Saturday 30th evening, from 6pm. The games list will be completed and published on Sunday 31st to give one week notice for the actual event.

Anyone welcome to join on Saturday evening, though please do not arrive in the middle of the afternoon - I can't emphasise enough that I'm under major pressure just now and people hanging around will distract me. Absolute earliest, 5.30, but aim for 6.00.

11. DexDiner

12. Nooit-Sterf

Nooit-Sterf ... yay!

usual seat 19 please :)

13. Bryanese

Oh, gosh! It's THAT screenshot! XD Also, excellent attendee shots (actually, when did you take those? Totally didn't notice). Look at that sleek, shiny, damn-fine hair of mine. : P

Right, serious talk now. It was touch and go for a moment, but I can make it along this Sunday (yayifications!) but, unfortunately, Harley can't as she has work. : (

Can I please take seat number twenty?

14. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

Sign me up. Seat 13.

15. left-one

left-one wheres my pez

seat 3

16. DexDiner

You know what they say about "bright eyed and bushy tailed"...

ready and raring to go :)

17. Anubis

Anubis Registered Idiot

Yo G, Sign me up! No. 6

18. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

I might come in Sunday but I'll still need to check a few things before I can set it on stone. I think I will take either seat 21 or 22 as 17 is quite lonely most of the time.

19. Graeme*Kustom*

Will mark you on that seat, but if you can't make it post up again when you know in case someone else wants to sit there. Bryanese is a popular guy, and all that.*

Try and shrink the signature a little, could you? Keep it to a max of 150 pixels as anything above that breaks up the ability to read threads comfortably on the eye :)

*Bryanese : I await a fiver in the mail for bigging you up.

20. DexDiner