Kustom LAN 21 - Sunday 1st June 2014

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, May 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

If that's your way of asking if you can come along then of course you can! : )

2. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Regarding Ace Of Spades, do many people have this? A few have told me they don't / won't be buying it.

I've checked and I've still got the beta versions here which we used at a past LAN, which would mean everyone could get on a (albeit more limited) version of the game for free.

Seem a plan?

Would love to run the proper version, but maybe will postpone that to next LAN so that more people can get a taste and we'll get feedback on what to do with that next time?

Incidentally, getting stuff set up on the new game server tonight, and noted that there's a new mode on Garrys Mod 'Prophunters' - it's so much better put together than Prop Hunt, so we'll be using Prophunters this time. Turns swap around properly, it gives scores at the end of the round, and it's really easy to pick the item to disguise yourself with etc

3. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

Ace of Spades is the only pay game I do not own from the list

4. Harley

Harley Health and safety risk.

No, I don't have it either. :/

5. weemanrd

weemanrd Kustomer

I won't be able to make it, i was informed that my nephew's birthday party is more important than computer games....who knew?

6. Graeme*Kustom*

No worries, I've taken you off - unless you want to just go around for half a day or suchlike?

---

Might have a reshuffle of seats as well now actually - it's a pain for me to take everything from the back row downstairs, so unless anyone else signs up in the next day, will do a couple of moves so that I can just drop the curtain over that row and then move the tables a little so that every row has a bit more space :)

I'll change Ace of Spades and try and work with the free version - will aim to test this out asap though, if no joy will swap it for something small / free to play. I don't want to run any games where there might only be ~5 people playing and ~15 people just sitting out...

Proper Ace of Spades will be used in future though, so watch out for it in the next sale!

7. Graeme*Kustom*

such excite

8. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

Time to clean the computer, and I've *totally* cleaned it since the last time I came to a Kustom LAN...oops

9. Bryanese

Yes, it's that time once again!

This is the "has I packed all of my stuffs for super happy fun times at de LAN?" checklist:

Computer []
    Monitor []
    Power cable []
    Monitor cable []
    Keyboard []
    Mouse []
    Mousing surface []
    Headset/Earphones []
    Xbox controller []
    Adaptor for Xbox controller []
    LAN mascot []
    Homemade sammiches and juice (if applicable) []
    My Little Pony T-shirt (if applicable) []
    Practice yelling "RESPAWN!" in Flux' signature style (if applicable) []
    Fishing rod in memory of those who couldn't make it (if applicable) []

10. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

CoD 4 requires a microphone to run.

4-way[]

11. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

Unless you enable Stereo Mix, for all of us (admittedly few) that don't have a microphone

12. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

A small thing but did I leave a micro usb cable for my phone there? I am sure I untangled it when I arrived but as it was dark I may of dropped it when I left.

13. Graeme*Kustom*

Yep, it's here where you were sitting.

14. Graeme*Kustom*

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

LAN went pretty well really - as always a couple of things to be tweaked (l4d2 didn't cache properly and the Armagetron server with the maze map didn't want to play this time) and I may try doing a little more documentation before the event in future (I think like 'how to set up teams in Hedgewars' would be a good example) but otherwise, we worked fairly close to the schedule and much laughs were had.

We'll have the next 'big' LAN after the peak hot months. Either end of August or start of September.

I'll try to come back with some photos / videos etc this time, always take a few snaps, but getting them picked out and uploaded is always another matter >

15. Bryanese

We certainly did! Thank you very much once again, Graeme! (^^,)

Way too many laughs at this LAN but I'll try to name a few highlights:

CS:S – Pirate Wars: When Nooit and I raced towards each other and jumped out of our boats only for us to land in the water and drown simultaneously. Neither us nor the rest of the attendees could do much for laughing. XD

Hedgewars: Seems everyone got pretty vocal as perfect bazookas and tricky grenades were landed. Tons of satisfaction when multiple hogs were taken out with one shot. The "Kustom" maps seemed to go down well too! : )

Garry's Mod – Prophunters: Some truly stunning hiding places pulled off by Graeme, Nanaki and Anubis. KobaltedAntland failed pretty beautifully, though, when couldn't find a prop to hide as and just stepped casually behind a dumpster and waited for the inevitable. : P

16. Graeme*Kustom*

I have that on video :) I went on spectate and was filming with my phone at that point...

17. Bryanese

What?! (^_^)

Please do upload for post-LAN LOLs!

18. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

*should've posted sooner*

another screaming success, thanks guys and gals ;)

19. Graeme*Kustom*

I didn't have a lot of space on my phone memory left, but I took clips on CSS Gun Game, Pirate Wars, Altitude, a very very short clip of Prophunters and some Warsow.

I was aiming to try and piece that together with some clips I had of LAN 20 to make a little compilation. (got some Armagetron, Gear Up and Blur from that if I remember right)

If that doesn't happen in a week or so then I'll just stick a couple of individual vids up.

In some ways I feel it would be nice to do what I did years ago and FRAPS the whole day to a separate hard disk, but then I also remember how much of a tedious task it was hunting through for all the good bits and compiling an edit, and then that of course, nothing is ever as good as it was 'at the time'.

One thought I did have for future was maybe to look at streaming the whole event, twitch or whatever, over the second internet line. I don't know how many people would be interested though - I've still always found the idea of watching other people playing games a bit boring, but I'm maybe just old fashioned ^_^

20. Bryanese

I keep forgetting to use it but my machine (and I'm assuming quite a few of the other Nvidia powered machines) support Nvidia ShadowPlay which is basically FRAPS at a hardware level if the machine is running a GTX 650 or better.

It has a few different modes like constant record and record the last X number of minutes but it does have this neat feature where you can have it not recording at all, but when something funny does happen, you hit a single function key and it'll save the last five minutes of cached footage. Additionally, it has Twitch support. : )

I'm sorry, genuinely I keep meaning to remember but never do. (>_