Kustom LAN 20 - Sunday 26th January

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Jan 13, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

[​IMG]

The next full day LAN. Want to come along? Just post below, saying which seat number you would like. Please try to be certain, or at least if you subsequently can't make it, let us know ASAP so that no spaces are wasted.

Here's the stats:

Date Sunday 26th January
    Time Setup from 09:00. Event runs 10:00 - 22.00
    Location Upper floor at Kustom, 40 Fort Street, Ayr, KA7 1DE. Ring bell on shop door for entry.
    Cost £10
    What to bring Your PC, screen (although I have a couple of monitors spare, please ask in advance), keyboard, mouse, headset, power cables. Go through the list below and install, and do a quick 'does it start' on each and every game. DON'T BE A RAINBOW GOAT AND WAIT UNTIL THE LAN TO DO THIS!

[​IMG]
    This rainbow goat didn't install its games. Don't let this be you.

09.30 - 10.00 Mystery Warmup Game
    Early birds catch the worm, and this time the worm shall be a Mystery Game. It's a high score challenge in something, that's all you're getting. http://www.catlateraldamage.com/play
    10.00 - 10.30
    [​IMG]
    Tricky Truck

Another quick challenge to give time for the 'late' people to get set up, a time based challenge that involves parking a truck. Don't bother practising, as I'll try and get a custom map so that none of you can cheat.

Free download
    10.40 - 11.10
    [​IMG] Hockey (Updated - now version 0.55)

Next up is 'Hockey?' - a game so insane it's simply genius and a heap of fun. Control your hockey stick with the mouse and skate with the WASD keys. Forget team strategy - everyone just goes for the puck.
    Free download 11.20 - 12.00 [​IMG] CS Gun Game (Winter and Spooky Maps)Gun Game pits terrorists and counter terrorists against each other in a small map, all starting with a basic weapon. Killing enemies ranks up your weapon, with the winner the player who reaches the top weapon first.
    Requires CS Source 12.00 - 12.30
    [​IMG]
    Call Of Duty 4 Splat - Modern Paintball

Requires COD 4 Modern Warfare - this mod transforms the game into a paintball tournament with new levels, guns and scenarios. It's a fantastic alternative FPS game with a new style of gun dynamics to learn. Requires COD4. Patch to v1.6 and add
    this mod

*Lunch Break*
    13.10 - 13.50 [​IMG] Killing FloorSurvival co-op game, which will be played in 'Santas Evil Lair' for some late-Christmas... surviving.
    Available on Steam 14.00 - 14.40 [​IMG] Gear UpMix up World of Tanks and Mario Kart and you're pretty much there, in this multiplayer tank battling mayhem.
    Use free 'Play Game' version 14.50 - 15.40 [​IMG] Grand Theft Auto IVGTA4 session will include a couple of races, some cops 'n' crooks rounds followed by a cannonball 'GTA Race'. Expect carnage, and lols. And that dinner will probably be late because of this, but nobody will care.
    Purchase on Steam or Amazon 15.50 - 16.30 [​IMG] Armagetron
    The ever-popular light cycle game - we mix it up a bit now though, with circular areas, fortress mode with maze maps and the fantastic capture the flag mode. Of course, we all know Superior Team Gold will win anyway, but that's besides the point.

Free Download 16.40 - 17.20 [​IMG] WarsowFast paced free shooter game - this will be run as a quick after dinner blaster. Kind of like an After Eight mint, but probably more like Quake III. In cartoon form.
    Free Download
    1.0.2 *Dinner Break* 18.10 - 19.00
    [​IMG] No More Room in Hell
    Into our round of spooky games, we start with No More Room in Hell - a co-operative survival game, that's like left4dead, but different.

Free download 19.10 - 19.50
    [​IMG]
    Left4Dead2The survival game that truly is like left4dead, is left4dead2. Groups of 4 try to survive zombie attacks. And not scream.

Available on Steam 20.00 - 20.40 [​IMG] The Hidden SourceGuaranteed to cause some screams, 8 players have to take down the 'hidden' - basically an invisible guy armed with a knife, who has gone a bit mental. The player chosen to play the hidden has to evade capture / eliminate the 8 operatives looking for him. It is *so* jumpy.
    Free on Steam
    20.50 -21.30 [​IMG] BlurMario kart with flashy graphics - this great fun racer is the perfect bit of action to round off the day.
    Available from play.com

Attendees

1. (this space reserved for the music computer. If it gets tight, the space will be opened up and I'll just bring an iPod)
    2. Graeme*Kustom*
    4. KobaltedAntland
    6. DexDiner
    7. Ninjagordy
    8.Velkro
    9. Nanaki
    10. RookSha
    12. dekadeka
    13. Cranks
    14. Joe900
    15. SBB
    17. Extreme0 (maybe?)
    18.Sajuuk Khar
    19. Nooit Sterf
    20. Bryanese
    21. Harley
    22. prosg
    23. BryanHand
    (Seats 24-28 deleted this event now since it's not looking too full, saves me time!)

[​IMG]

Rules / Other FAQ

* Make sure your system is tip-top and install and test all games before the event. This makes the event run smooth for everyone. If your PC is in a state, sort it out before the event. Like, well before it, not the night before it.

* Networking - make sure any Virtual Machine network adapters or tunnel adapters (eg Hamachi) are disabled, otherwise you might have problems with LAN games.

* Do not punish the internet. Pause all Steam downloads, and avoid youtube / iplayer etc. There's over 20 people sharing one broadband line, and it's needed for authentication or emergency downloads, so please limit your non-gaming internet use to nothing more than IM clients and news / social webpages. If you're found updating your Steam library, you'll be politely asked to stop. Do it repeatedly, and you'll be unplugged.

* When leaving the building, lock the door behind you, do not leave our premises security compromised. There is a bell placed on the shop door to request to get back in again during the event. You can smoke outside the goods door of the building, and only if you're standing at that door is it okay to leave the door unlocked.

* Parking - street parking is free on Sundays. If you're bringing your car into the compound at our store, there's room for 5 or 6 cars, but note that most will stay for the day. So if you want back out during the day or before the end of the event, I would recommend parking on the street. Park considerately, leaving people room to open their car doors or walk past. When leaving (late evening) or arriving (early morning), please remember there are flats above our compound. Do not drive with windows down and music thumping, or revving the nuts of your car when arriving or leaving. Last thing we want is a noise complaint.

* Play nice and be friendly. We're playing games for the giggles. It's been a long time since we've seen any misbehaviour where banter has stepped over the line, and that's great, but a polite reminder to keep it that way. It's a social event, we want everyone to go home happy, so any bullying or provocation is not allowed.

* Mess There's some specially designed bins around the room (okay, some old boxes with black bags in them) - please make use of those. If one fills up, either find another, or if they're all getting overfilled and I've not noticed please let me know. Please don't pile / spill stuff over the floor and if there's anything that's likely to spill try and put it in a bag first. Please clear up your spot at the end of the day. While it's nice to find treasure at the end of the day, leftover food boxes and bottles hiding under the tables after the event disrupts my happiness greatly.

2. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

3. dekadeka

dekadeka Regular Kustomer

4. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

5. Weeping_Gremlin

Weeping_Gremlin Beware the humans!

I wanna come!

6. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Me! Me! Me! (>_

7. BryanHand

BryanHand Regular Kustomer

8. Harley

Harley Health and safety risk.

Could I please come too? ^__^

9. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

Nae sounds shi....

Where do I sign?

:)

10. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

Might be joining this one.

11. prosg

prosg Kustomer

sign me up

12. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

i shall attend!

13. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

This LAN's going to be AT LEAST 20% cooler now that Gordy is coming. ; )

14. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

I've put people into seats based on where they usually sit / who else they might want to sit with / be bringing along.

It's a complex algorithm. (okay, I just looked at the last event and used the same requests as there)

If, I've got it wrong, post a message or PM me saying which seat you want and I'll shuffle about accordingly.

Sorry that the LAN logo is not as elaborate as some, however, it does capture a moment which I feel was the essence of LAN 19, so it's as fitting an image to bring up as any. But also, all the bikes are trying to get to the turn off for the LAN. And failing. That's what the event is all about, right? The failures are always more entertaining than the victories.

Game links to come soon.

15. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

Agreed! ;-)

16. Cranks

Cranks New Member

Sign me up please! Currently harassing Joe and Harmon but i will be up for sure.

17. Joe900

Joe900 LANOSAURUSREX!

yes need to speak to harmons tho

18. RookSha

RookSha New Member

I'll go :D

19. Velkro

Velkro Kustomer

;) ooooh yeh ;)

20. Joe900

Joe900 LANOSAURUSREX!

+1 for SBB