iPad or Tablet?

Discussion in 'Technology / Gadget Forum' started by BandApart, Apr 3, 2013.

Share This Page

1. BandApart

BandApart Registered User

I've been thinking of getting myself a tablet as I see people using them everyday and think to myself why should I miss out?

I've been browsing about for a few weeks and I've narrowed it down to either an iPad 2 or Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1.
    Does anyone have one or both of these and give me some pro's and con's?

I would probably use it for games, music, films, social network sites, browsing internet, email blah blah... but I'd also use it for reading comics/books and maybe some university work so I'd probably need Microsoft office type apps and a USB would be useful on a tablet IMO.

I have a Samsung laptop which is great and I use it for work, however I also have a iPhone meaning I already have iTunes account already which makes me think i can transfer things from my iPhone to iPad which would be cool.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

get a tablet. there's great ones out there for not a lot of cash!! the samsung is a great tablet :)

3. BandApart

BandApart Registered User

I've heard that there is a lot more 'flexibility' with the Samsung tablet as appose to the iPad meaning you can do things your way rather than Apples way. Still in 2 minds though :confused::confused:

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Loving AMD's new AM1 CPU

I bought a great cheap tablet called the momo 8 ips, its fantastic has 16gb storage and ice cream sandwich installed, with a sd card slot goes upto 48gb. plugs straight into the tv for HD 1080/2160 video and plays all the games i throw at it like counter strike etc, was £100 from amazon.