i7 4790k too hot

Discussion in 'Cooling / Overclocking' started by peter, Nov 23, 2014.

Share This Page

1. peter

peter Question asker

:mad:ive changed from i5 4670 (non K ) with corsair hydro h60 to i7 ...my temps were high ......tonight ive replaced arctic silver 5 3x and still high temps ....
    i5 max was 50 ....
    i7 idle is 46 -- 64 as I type this ( all that's running is ie and utorrent and real temp ) .....before replacing ac5 for 3rd time I hit 80oc

please help .....is new cooling required
    :mad:

2. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

If you've got the paste done right, and double checked the mounting (and installed it by diagonal sides first), the other area you can go wrong with H60 installs is if you connect to a CPU FAN header on the board and motherboard fan control is enabled, then the pump will operate too slowly.

Make sure Silent Fan Profiles / Q-FAN for that header are set to Disabled or Full Speed. If set to Auto or Silent, then the pump doesn't get enough power to function at its best.

Make sure as well the pump is actually functioning. Usually hear it gurgle and buzz a little on startup, or should be able to feel it from touching the block casing.

3. peter

peter Question asker

hot 4790k

please close ....thanx to custom's advice changed to corsair h80i ..now idle temp 32--42 unlike 60+ before .....took wee bit of time to fit ( and few swear words ) into antec 302 ...but happy n cool i7 now ...thanx guys