HTPC Build Article

Discussion in 'Articles / Guides' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Jun 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

Yarp... the related article to this post ( http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Article_HTPC.html ) does cover Sky control. More or less use a capture card like the Hauppage PVR150 and the get the official MCE remote control. This comes with 2 IR controllers for your sky box. Sound normally is via phono connectors into the capture card. You may get capture cards with digital audio in's but I'm not clued up on them!

six

2. devo

devo Registered User

Thanks six. I've read the article and understand but I'm specifically interested in whether Vista Media Center is capable of recording/viewing/controlling Sky using a tv tuner for the video (via s-video) and a sound card for the audio (via optical). Presumably using a tv tuner for the video (via s-video) and a sound card or the motherboard for the audio (via stereo line in) would be the same process? Is anyone able to confirm this would work?

3. brumster

brumster Midland Muppet

Terratec used to do a range of cheap, affordable sound cards with optical in/out. I used one to good effect on a media box some time ago. Might be worth a look-see?

4. devo

devo Registered User

And this works fine in conjunction with the video input from a tuner card? If so, I'll be a happy bunny.

5. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

It's been a while since I last saw that menu, but I don't remember there being an option anywhere to select a different audio device. I know you could choose between S-Video and Composite inputs, but I think audio was just assumed to be coming from the same card.

I can't be certain, but I don't think it will work.

6. devo

devo Registered User

Thanks Graeme. Another question: will the s-video connection be in widescreen or just 4:3?