HP Z800 - Water Cooling possibilities?

Discussion in 'Cooling / Overclocking' started by MacDonald82, Sep 4, 2015.

Share This Page

1. MacDonald82

MacDonald82 Registered User

Hi guys, I'm alllll new to this!

I'm currently the owner of a HP Z800 specs as follows:

CPU : 2 x Xeon X5670​ (Socket 1366)

RAM : 24gb DDR3 1333mhz

HDDs : 1 x 128gb Kingston SSD, 2 x WD BLUE 500gb SATA, 1 x WD BLUE 250gb SATA

GPU :​ EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4gb

PSU : HP 1115w

I know that's not exactly an overclocking monster, I'm really just looking to get my systems temp down as I do a lot of 3D Rendering and looking into GPU Rendering. The problem I have is with the Z800's very tailored case, I know there is a water cooling option (closed loop) which is specific to the HP Z800 but that only cools the 2 x CPU's and this costs in excess of £250. Now what I'm thinking is to go ahead and externally mount a radiator and fans with an inlet "Somewhere" for the tubes​/pipes, the reservoir would most likely take up the 2 empty bays at the front of the system (if this is a good idea) I dunno what reservoir or pump or ANYTHING for that matter is best???! HELP NEEDED! Also have the GPU cooled as well via water.

Basically what I'm asking is if any of you have water cooled a HP Z800 or if you can think of any equipment that would suit me best? If you need pics etc then just let me know and I'll do my best to post some for you! Cheers guys!!

Jonnie.​

2. Jamestk

Jamestk Tech Support

Hi,

There is a PDF document on the HP website that has info on water cooling the HP Z800, if you Google "Liquid-Cooling-on-the-HP-Z400-HP-Z800-Workstation" it should come up at the top link.

James