Hoojum Cubit 3

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor PCs' started by movinginthedark, Mar 5, 2006.

Share This Page

1. movinginthedark

movinginthedark Trogdor...

Hoojum Cubit 3 Mini-ITX Case Kit - Black - Ex Display -
    Winning bid: £50.01
    Ended: 05-Mar-06 18:18:50 GMT
    Start time: 02-Mar-06 18:18:50 GMT
    History: 17 bids (£1.00 starting bid)
    Winning bidder: moving_in_the_dark ( 45Feedback score is 10 to 49)
    Item location: North London
    United Kingdom
    Post to: Europe
    Postage costs: £11.50 -- Other Courier
    Other postage services available

Woot - considering there like £120.00 odd new, and the scratches dont show - not sure whether to sand blast and spray a different colour? I will see what condition its in - but for pretty much halfe price cant complain. No PSU though.

Ok basically, this is the first step towards my HTPC. As for a PSU I have been looking around and have been wondering about these? Can anyone recommend me one - about 200Watts, I have also noticed DC-DC adaptors, external PSU's, transformers etc.... and all this depends on the motherboard??
    I am no n00b when it comes to building a PC, but this has me a little confused? If it does depend on motherboard can you make any suggestions? Looking for something that will support AMD chips, sempron or Athlon - Skt, 468 (I think thats the pin for those) Or maybe a C3 chip? I am not sure, I would prefer a CPU that wasnt built in, but like I said, I am new to small form factor and would appreciate any help I can get!!

Thanks people. :p

2. movinginthedark

movinginthedark Trogdor...

Am I all alone on this one...?
    I have looked around at MB's and have found the M10000 with the 1GHz or 1.2GHz CPU to be ok? I think its the MX12000 that is 1.2GHz or something? I also read that 1X 1GB of DDR266 memory (which is what most of the boards take) Some take SODIMM, is supposidly unstable?? Is this so? I would rather have 1GB than 512MB, for obvious reasons, but if its unstable I am wondering if I should just stick with the 512?

Any suggestions on motherboards folks?

Thanks.