Halloween Theme Night - October 2017

Discussion in 'Kustom LAN Party' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Oct 12, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Halloween theme night LAN Party on 28th October (Saturday evening, 5.30pm to 10.30pm)

Going to be pretty casual, so free entry for this one. I have my financial year end stuff to do this week so other than making some space I won't really have a lot of time to plan / prepare servers, so we'll just run along with a few things that we can set up on the spot and play some horror / halloween themed games for the night :)

Games list to be confirmed - Steam Halloween sale starts on 26th October, so when that goes live I'll have a look for what multiplayer games we can get cheap. We'll make sure to run a couple of staples, I think left4dead 2 and Hidden Source are always a good bet.

Bring your own computer, and check back on this thread a day or so before the event to make sure you have games installed, it's only 5 hours, so we want to spend those 5 hours playing games, not waiting for anyone saying 'it'll be ready in 20 minutes'. We know this by now, right? :p

GAMES LIST

Definite

Left4Dead 2 - not in steam sale, but was free for ages, so everyone has it now, right? It's £4.80 on G2A if needed.
    Hidden Source - free
    Killing Floor 2 - £9.99
    Golf with your Friends - £3.35
    No More Room in Hell - free

ftp://ftp

Maybe?
    Alien Swarm

Attendees

1. Graeme
    2. Dex
    3. Bryanese
    4. left-one
    5. Rossanderson
    6. Thrillho
    7. Weeping_Gremlin
    8. Epicness357
    9. Anubis

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

Straitjacket at the ready - Are you MAD??? You always run at LEAST a week into November for this .;)

(Yeah, sure, should be fine. I don't have anything else organised that weekend, yet.)

3. DexDiner

Looks like nobody cares to even comment on the suitability of the date.

...and why can't I edit my posts? (Now fixed, nice one G)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. Graeme*Kustom*

The date is fine, I'll be there at least :D

I know it goes against the grain, but I'm going to leave the games list till quite near the time. Steam Halloween sale starts on the 26th, so want to see if there's anything new / cheap that we can use, we'll probably keep the obvious halloween stuff (Left4dead 2 and the Hidden maybe?) but would be good to run some new things.

Should be able to edit your own posts - usergroup settings appear to allow it. Can have a look if you're over next week and see if we can see it in action, but from the settings it all looks good.

DexDiner likes this.
  5. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Oh hai! I'll take a space if they're still going. : )

By the way, does anyone have a Cardcaptor Sakura costume? Asking because ... reasons. (¬.¬)

6. Graeme*Kustom*

Updated first post to look a bit more official - plenty of space, I'm assuming we're probably just using the middle tables for 12 seats, but if there's enough interest I'll add a further 6 seats.

Check back nearer the time for game list.

For costumes, up to you all - I'm unlikely to bother as I'm pretty pushed on time this week, but show up as you wish :D It's kinda early for halloween anyway, so no pressure either way.

7. left-one

left-one wheres my pez

put mii on the list :)

8. Rossandersson

Rossandersson Norman

Sign me up thanks

9. Epicness 357

Epicness 357 Regular Kustomer

I'll take a seat.

10. Graeme*Kustom*

Just waiting to see what's in the Steam Halloween sale to see if there's something new we can run :) Hopefully sometime today it goes live, it's usually early evening.

11. Graeme*Kustom*

12. DexDiner

Are the "tags" meant to do something? I see no messages.

White Noise 2 - sounds good, doesn't look so good. Honestly, who casually strolls around carrying a torch when there's monsters on the loose. 4v1, so splitting the room may be uneven. I'm against.

Dead by Daylight - Seems like story based game for multiple players. 4v1. I don't think so.

Killing Floor 2 - No Question, we need this game. It just looks and sounds bloody great.

How to Survive 2 - 3rd person, who the hell though it was a good idea to see who was sneaking up behind you in a horror game. I'm against.

I'm also going to throw in the Killing Floor - Toy Master mod as a suggestion http://store.steampowered.com/app/326960/Killing_Floor__Toy_Master/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  13. Graeme*Kustom*

I thought the tags sent out an email - but, possibly not :D

I think Killing Floor 2 could be good, for sure - we've done the first one before, so it's tried and tested, so some new levels and twists could be worth a shot.

I think Hidden Source and left 4 dead 2 could remain as staples, but would be good to see if anyone else fancies any of the other titles above and we'll confirm a list.

14. DexDiner

I'm assuming your Kustom and test accounts received emails.

15. Graeme*Kustom*

Nope. I've got permission to do user mentions but nothing seems to have happened. I dunno. I'll come back to that another day, and just hassle people on other means now.

16. DexDiner

There's a setting in Alert Preferences for when someone mentions you in a thread. I think it's meant to popup the next time you visit the forums. I have disabled all of my alerts. :oops:

[Edit: Clarifying alert status]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. Graeme*Kustom*

I think it's possibly that way by default actually. Hmm. Anyway, we'll see what feedback is on above in next 24h / or if any other suggestions and I'll finalise the games schedule then.

18. left-one

left-one wheres my pez

my steam account says killing floor 2 sounds good.
    white noise 2 sounds like the hidden in the way it works.
    killing floor toy master mod gets my nod as well :)

19. Graeme*Kustom*

I looked at this as well (http://store.steampowered.com/app/352460/Dead_Realm/) but tbh it feels like it's so similar to the Hidden Source that there's not much need to buy something that's similar to something we can all run for free.

I don't think 8 people is enough for a good game of Zombie Panic Source, so probably need to rule that out since it doesn't add AI players.

Maybe should we fire this in again? http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-more-room-in-hell

We ran it before and it was okay, certainly we didn't explore all of the maps, so could be worth a shot, especially since it's free so we can make sure to get everyone in that way rather than forcing to buy two commercial titles.

20. Graeme*Kustom*

Oh wow, Golf with your Friends has a halloween map and until the end of the month there's various halloween themed items popping up.

That has to be worth a half hour inclusion and I think most folk will own it from the last LAN anyway? If not, it's £3.49 on Steam sale just now.