Half Life 2: Episode 3

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by black1e, Oct 13, 2008.

Share This Page

1. black1e

black1e Regular Kustomer

OK I've look around the web for any sort of Info on Half Life 2: Episode 3 and would like to have this thread for anyone to post some info (if any) on Episode 3 that they might of come by.

Thanks

2. Fireblade

Fireblade Mental Modder[ator]!!

What did you look for, 'coz I've just Googled the thread title (adding a question mark), and there are any number of hits... albeit that the few I checked didn't have any up-to-date news on it :confused:

3. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

Episode 3 will end the current story arc. so in a sense it will end half life 2 story. However there will be future half life games in episode format in the future. Currently valve are working on other titles Left4dead for example. Episode 3 wont be released until 09, and i would guess probably 4Q 09. Hope this helps.

4. Tom

Tom Merrrrrr

That's contrary to what I'd read. I was under the impression that Gabe/Valve were a little undecided as to what they were going to do.

I can't find anything surmounting to a statement of intent for more episodic content in recent press.. Have I missed something? :confused:

5. ArTizan

ArTizan Member of the Month

I'm pretty sure it will be merging with aspects of the portal gameplay and incorporate elements of that into it. I'm also hoping it's going to be the best HL ever, as they have spent sooo long on it :)

6. Tom

Tom Merrrrrr

Ahh yeah, that's reminded me of the ending of 'two'. Without spoiling too much, I see just where you're going with that.. What an awesome episode this could turn out to be! :D

7. bulldog

bulldog Dazed and Confused

I always thought the idea of episodic content was to produce the games more quickly. It's already been a year since ep2 and if there is another year to go that's not really that much shorter than a lot of development cycles. Bearing in mind that when the last bug fixes were being put on ep2, ep3 should have already had concepters, story writers and artists working on it.

I guess Left 4 Dead has taken some time away. Although that is being done by Turtle Rock. They just got bought by Valve so it shouldn't have taken too long unless they are moving them all into the valve offices or just firing the staff and doing it themselves or something.

8. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

i got my info for some article i was reading that was repeated over a few websites last week, however valve have said there will be No Portal gun in Half life EP3, However aperture science will be a part of it. as you may know, you got a few hits of that from EP2 (The ship thats lost has aperture name and logo on its containers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Episode_Three

Cant find the one about the portal gun. but half life would not be half life if you could portal you way to the end of the map. that would be stupid. it would also nullify the gravity gun which IS half life 2.