gymnast+gaming

Discussion in 'Sport' started by XscudX, Apr 6, 2008.

Share This Page

1. XscudX

XscudX Ping, not bling

ok i got a bet on with my mate that i'm a one of a kind gamer.
    i'm a gymnast/dancer/tracure n i'm also training to become a P.E teacher.
    so yeah my mate things that its weird how i'm so abstract can in the worlds eyes games r all fat ppl who sit about all day play WoW and dont leave the house. so i was just wondring if there is anyone elese who is die hard about both sports and games

2. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

Well... a bunch of us went biking last week... does that count. Although fit I am not!

six

3. latency

latency Existentialist

Contrasting yourself to a stereotype doesn't make you unique dude...

I rock out to heavy metal at clubs, I listen to ambient electronica on sundays, I play rock on bass, I talk about philosophy at pubs, and I play computer games on modded computers at home.

Just because I don't fall against any stereotypes doesn't mean I'm unique, it just means I'm diverse.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have 'Existentialist' under my username for no reason, but unique is a relative term ;)

4. Euphoria

Euphoria The music dude!

I play a lot of PS3, DJ, write/produce music, play rugby, football. Went cycling the above group last weekend as Six mentioned. I'm sure there are quite a few of the 'geekier' gamers on here, but not as many as people think! Having met quite a few people from the forum, I can safely say, so far, everyone has been fairly 'sound'!

5. XscudX

XscudX Ping, not bling

sorry mate i'm not trying to say i'm unique i'm trying to prove a point to my friend that not all games r like the ppl from south parks ep on WoW

6. latency

latency Existentialist

That's fair enough... you should tell your mate that it takes a stereotype to stereotype someone else ;)

7. brumster

brumster Midland Muppet

I think "gaming" per se is a much more commonplace activity in today's society so it's not really something that marks people out as 'different', 'geeky' or whatever it used to 10 or so years ago. Even on-line gaming has been brought to the masses thanks to the modern generation of consoles.

What I'm trying to say is the gaming side of it isn't anything remotely 'different' these days; of all my lifestyle activities gaming isn't one that raises any eyebrows or gathers much interest off people these days.

8. latency

latency Existentialist

Yea, especially with the likes of Guitar Hero and Nintendo Wii, it's surprising how we're actually getting further away from the computer, rather than towards it.

9. XscudX

XscudX Ping, not bling

aye man u couldn't be more right (ok i'm goin to stereotype here) my mates one of these die hard emo ppl with all the trimmings. i just dont bother anymore with all the stupid scenes. lifes life just live it

10. Zozart

Zozart used to be splaty

I play WoW and console games but I am also a slim 8st 5. Can't be bothered with sport though. I get enough exercise from walking/cycling and push-ups/sit-ups.

11. Overdog

Overdog New Member

kicked your ass at fencing dude ;)

also "talking philosophy at pubs" is a horrible example of being a diverse person ... walk into most pubs and you'll have some drunk rambling on about his theory on life, the universe and everything. Hell, i bet we've all done it at one point or another.

12. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

Although latency is usually sober when he does it...:D:D

13. Tom

Tom Merrrrrr

I've been told a number of times that I don't fall into the 'stereotypical' geek look. Gymming-it-up 3 times a week isn't exactly what you'd expect your typical bedroom geek to be doing.

That being said, as soon as I open my mouth... :D

14. latency

latency Existentialist

Yea, that's what diversity is. Unique would be walking into a british pub to talk about american football.
    Like I said, I don't pretend to be unique, but diverse is simply participating in a wide range of different activities not normally associated with each other- doesn't make you unique.

15. IIJCII

IIJCII get to tha choppa !!

tracer ... do u do parkour atol ??

16. XscudX

XscudX Ping, not bling

i do it all the time
    i've done it for about 6 years now :)

17. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

im quite happy being the overweight, caffine craving, unshaven gaming stereotype. after its who I am and have been for all my life!

as for breaking the stereotypes though.... i have an impreza with a loud exhaust but if you check my cds in the car its folk music. shocked a few people who ive given lifts to.

as for all you fit people.

bah! get a pie in you already!

18. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

I eat like there is no tomorrow and I hardly excersise, but why I'm not overwieght I'll never know :S

19. flux

flux Regular Kustomer

your a fatty on the inside, derek :D

20. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

Mmm, pies. Going to the gym and/or doing lots of sport does allow you to eat pies and drink lots of beer without putting on weight (usually). It doesn't stop the missus complaining about beer consumption though...