GTA V on PC

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by Samsonite, Jun 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

I thought it was interesting that if you type in "grand theft auto v" in Steam, you get the product page for the PC version of GTA V, which is due in the Autumn.

Link: GTA V

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Ha! It's not for another several months and already it's tagged with 'masterpiece'.

Mind you, it's also tagged with 'kawaii' and "walking simulator". Just shows that tags are, for the most part, a waste like every other superfluous feature of Steam.

3. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

I think the tags are user-generated too? At least you can add your own tags, so not much use unless you find it interesting!

I'll still get the game though most likely. Still working through a backlog of games which will probably take me a year at least...

4. Bryanese

Aye, they are. I've tagged certain things with 'engineering' in the hopes of having it catch on.

Dunno if I'm too fussed about getting it. I only bought GTA IV because it was such a great LAN game but I don't think I've played more than an hour of the actual campaign. There was talk of us upgrading to GTA V for the LANs but it would be costly and there's a chance that a few of our machines wouldn't be capable of running it.

5. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

I have GTA V on PS3 and I've not very far into it according to my cousin who's completed it. I only got GTA IV on PC for the carmegetan mod to play with my mates round mine but we've never used it. I almost binned it when I found out I need steam, games for windows live and rockstar rubbish to play with friends on LAN. That really annoyed me cos I hate signing up for stuff and I bought a copy for my bro. He's never played it and I've only done 10 mins to see that the mods work.

6. Bryanese

For GTA IV on LAN, yeah, a Steam login (unless you own the retail copy) and a Gifull (GFWL) login but the Rockstar Social Club thing you can ignore by hitting "play offline" or whatever it is. It's only used for sharing screenshots and gameplay videos as far as I'm aware and has no bearing on LAN play.

Don't bin it, it's a fantastic game for LAN parties! We normally have a few boat races and few helicopter races which end with very few people crossing the finishing lines. We play the "Cops and Crooks" mode which sees half the attendees playing as cops trying to chase down and kill the rest of the attendees, who're crooks, before they make it to an escape boat; normally this ends with Graeme*Kustom* yelling, "Guys, I got this!" when he really, really, really don't got this. We end with a Gumball Rally/Canonball type mode which, again, is another good laugh. : )

Back to GTA V!

After reading up on it a bit, I'm actually kinda curious to see just how glorious a release it's going to be. It should be a marvel to look at if nothing else if the promises of enhanced draw distances, masses of traffic and realistic weather patterns are all met.

7. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

The true, and only, 'Don't worry guys, I got this' moment followed getting my police car stuck in some scaffolding, only for me to be abandoned by my fellow law-enforcers.

Eventually setting myself free, I raced across the city to the escape point, to shout that very phrase as I turned up, with my car literally on fire, barrell rolled out of it while still rolling and then ran towards the pier shooting towards the criminals, only before falling off and then final insult added to injury with 'kustomsandwich has died' flashing up on the screen.

Cue much laughter.

8. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

27th Jan 2015, folks. Hope nobody was holding their breath too much.

9. Extreme0

Extreme0 The Hellbound Misanthrope

That's nothing. I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption appearing on the PC never.