EVE online...

Discussion in 'Games !!!' started by wishlist, Nov 22, 2005.

Share This Page

1. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

If im a girl because i dont want to face waves of elitism then thats cool with me, Just trying to get into a decent pvp corp requires 15 mill SP, Sure no problem for most people, i had 12 mill. But i found myself logging in once every two days to update my skill-q while i waited, cos factionwarefare was to laggy, and at the time i left half the fleet would crash when usign a gate. but even when that was fixed it was still to laggy, and i didnt want to mission run anymore cos that was boreing, i already had a CNR.
    i can see myself returning when in the future prehaps when the game opens up more to new players regardign 0.0 because you cant be an experianced pvper if you dont get the chance to experiance it.

over all, Station spinning got boreing.

2. liadbacklad

liadbacklad All donations welcome!

Most decent PVP corps, if theya re really decent will let you in if you have:
    a) A good pvp killboard stats
    b) are a cool guy, pretty chill or whatever.
    c) get a referance. Just hang out in there public channels. So what if it takes you 1-2months to get in somewhere good. Its a good decent corp it should be bloody hard or it would be like all the other corps out there!

Its got nothing to do with elitism. If you complain you dont get in a corp after 5 min chat in recruitment then thats not the right attitude.

3. Cat

Cat New Member

4. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

So you's going to play the EVE fps game? CCP announced the game at the start of the week...

5. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

Probably not. (Isn't it only for consoles anyway? Definitely not if that is true)

6. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

From what i read it's going to be a PC and Console game. But i might be wrong... :)

7. liadbacklad

It may be a reason to use my PS3...

8. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

Seeing that I'v stopped gaming for the past couple of months - Reinstalled this and reactivated my account. Anyone wanna give me some pointers? :D

Khan

9. -M-uuhh

I have been active again for the last couple of months, Firstly, Get our of Empire and Hit 0.0 Sov space. :D I joined a corp awhile ago thats just secured a Constelation (7 systems) Plenty of PVP and Plenty of PVE fun.

10. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

I'm going thru the learning curve abit, more a refreasher than a toturial. Althought I lost my main toon as I was inactive for over 6months :( I started a new Mimatar toon.

Khan

11. -M-uuhh

i was inactive for a year and didnt lose a c haracter, that should not happen in eve.

12. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

Yep, jus got an email from support - need to answer some security questions and I'l get my main back :D

But I didnt really mind starting from scratch again.

Khan

13. liadbacklad

Sometimes it's more fun since you get to re-live the golden age :p

Also when you have fights the lack of skills makes it much more interesting!

14. Vicey

Vicey Regular Kustomer

I really love the idea of playing a space MMORPG, everyone I mention this to always says 'Try EVE' but I dunno about you lot, I found it overwhelming with the interface and stuff. I played it for a few hours and I still had no idea what I was meant to be doing or what my goals were. I certainly had no idea about how to see other players in the game.

Does anyone have any tips? I've played World of Warcraft for the past 2 years or so and before that I played Guild Wars and some other korean MMO's so I'm versed in MMO terminology. Also is there any real basic guides online for noobies such as myself?

15. Khan

Khan Formerly 'RuHeL'

16. -M-uuhh

tis game is total fail. There is no fleet PVP anymore, only Player Vs Lag / Node crash.

17. amogrr

amogrr New Member

18. NickB

NickB Old School

Thread revival!

I started playing EVE over Christmas (due to the Steam sale) and am absolutely loving it. Have eschewed most missioning (though am still doing enough to justify a Drake) and have been on a quest to make as much cash as possible, and will hopefully hit my first billion sometime this month.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do while at a relatively low skill base? Obviously the trading stuff I'm doing now scales pretty well, but a lot of the combat stuff will require a fair amount of training to do properly.

Nick

19. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

I just started playing over christmas and well and ended up accidently getting Bryanese to join back up.

I'm loving it as well, taking it slow and just letting things skill up for a bit before anything serious happens now.

20. Cat

Cat New Member

New players would do better with Perpetium,. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/

Almost the same game, but quite new, so no old players with 6 years of skill points and isk
    I play as Tiger Tiger, if you need any help

I changed my name to Mouse Tiger, Corp Fighting Cats, new players wellcome