Ergodex DX1 INPUT SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Product Suggestions' started by Micke, Mar 8, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Micke

Micke Kustomer

Hi,

Saw a review of this input device at Tom's .

Looks like an impressive device, although a little bit on the expencive side at $150.

Link to Ergodex site

2. DaGuv

DaGuv New Member

I must own that device :cool:

3. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Very cool ! Many folk out there want to buy one?

4. O Chief

O Chief Regular Kustomer

if the price was right. would be very interested in it except it is bound to cost more than £100 over here

5. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

dunno... nothing wrong with me keyboard! and a couldn't be bothered to moved the keys about all the time.. hmm.. < daydream > how about one that remembered where you put the keys and put them there automatically < /daydream >

six

6. TylerCote

TylerCote Registered User

Used the DX1 Input System @ a conference

Well today at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, I had the opportunity to use this device. I have to say that it was pretty damn cool. The buttons seemed to be solid, well manufactured pieces of equipment. Also the software interface looked cool too. There is tons you can do with it. Probably not going to be a breeze for beginners. The buttons are stuck on by re-usable adhesive that seemed to do the job. I talked to the chief engineer and he said that they had done usuage(wear & tear) testing and all looks well. I would recommend this product.

-Tyler Cote
    SAVE NOW STUDIOS

7. -M-uuhh

-M-uuhh I Got Wii! :)

they sound / look cool but i would gess there the kind of thing you would use for a week then get sick of it. and go back to a standard KB. id love to try one, but own one? hmm

at over £100 i dont see many people opting for this device.

8. Halk

Halk OAP

Personally I just want - wireless or USB connection - some kind of control I can put beside my bed to do things like turn off the monitor, turn off sound, skip tracks, pause/play, etc.

If I'm listening to an audio book at night then I know when I'm about to fall asleep, but getting up to stop it isn't an option - that'd wake me back up!

Same if I'm watching something before I fall asleep, it finishes, monitor stays on, I want to be able to turn the monitor off and go to sleep.

I know I could get an ATI wonder thing, but I'd prefer a wired keypad thing that I can mount to the wall or put on the bedside table.