Customizing VMC

Discussion in 'Home Theatre Computing' started by jameson_uk, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk Super Kustomer

I have just spent 15 mins googling to things like Vista Media Centre plugin and customize without too much joy...

Presumably it is possible to change the way the interface works (even if it is just changing the theme) ?? Ideally I want to change the music interface to work like my current rig (using Meedio as the front end).

Can someone just let me know if this isn't possible (nothing would suprise me with MS...) or point me towards some helpful resources.

(I am just finalising details of my new HTPC rig in case you hadn't guessed :))

2. movinginthedark

movinginthedark Trogdor...

Vista is easy enough to theme if you wanna change the look. You need to use a program called Vista Glazz (glass, one of the two) in order to patch files to allow you to do it.

As for turning it into a MCE, I am sure there are themes / pluggins to allow you to do it?

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk Super Kustomer

:confused: MCE is built into most versions of Vista:confused:
    I only want to change the look and feel of Vista beyond the three crap defaults it gives you. Also want to change the whole way the music selction works.

I am sure you must be able to do it just can't figure out how...

4. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy Obey Him

I think its safe to say your the first person ive met who dosent like aero :eek: I will agree with the other 2 thought, they are hideous.