Celebrating 10th Birthday !

Discussion in 'Meetings' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Apr 9, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

This October, Kustom's store will have completed (survived?) 10 years of trading.

Naturally this is cause for some celebration, although nothing too extravagant - heavens, there's been a recession remember, so go easy on the fireworks... but I was thinking of running a BBQ slightly earlier in the season as a little celebratory 'do'.

Possibly with a free LAN party as well.

Grandson of Smoker's Fury with Combined Birthday Celebration.

GSFCBC for short. Oh wait, that's completely impossible to pronounce.

But anyway - let's call this an ideas thread for now and I'll try and pin down an actual date and plan shortly. The last BBQ meat / meet (see what I did there) was great fun so it would be brilliant if some more of you guys fancied travelling over again.

2. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

Would it be at the store ?

Fancy dress ?:p

3. ling_thing

ling_thing Super Kustomer

christ has it been that long.
    sure ive still got my first ever kustom invoice somewhere...

celebration sounds good :)

4. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

fuu, i remember the first time i set foot in your shop, I had short hair and didn't know the difference between AGP and PCIx. That was at least 5 years ago.

Left the store much more learned :).

5. --Mike--

--Mike-- GRIND ME!

hehe Congratulations!!! [​IMG] Like it??? xD BBQ AWESOME!!! I remember when I had a BBQ in the rain (it wasn't raining when we started :L), hmmm salty.

6. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

This must be some party if you're planning it 6 months ahead. :D

PCIx, now there's something not many people will have heard of, seeing how it's PCIe that's in the vast majority of desktop setups.

I remember my first visit to Kustoms, it was only a year ago. Having seen the pics on the website I was expecting the shopfront to be on the street like every other shop, not up the alley it is now. I didn't want to go up that alley, I'm glad I did :).

7. Essay @ Kustom

Essay @ Kustom I friggin' hate Pod 6

Crieky! 10 years?

I've been here for 5 of them ( on Paddy's Day )... I think I should retire soon!

I take it my suggestion of "let's have fireworks" will be frowned upon?

8. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

I remember first goin into kustom with Mike around a year ago.We left school on the last day at break and there seemed to be police everywhere :p. I went to his house and i got introduced to pc gaming , shortly afterwords we strolled on down to Kustom for some refreshments. Thank you Nelson :)

9. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

I meant PCIE as i was trying to be clever and also had never heard of PCIx being something different.

Yet another lesson thanks to this glorious shop.

TBH the usual times i go into a shop it's usually in, get stuff and leave and there might be the usual formalities but with Kustom and the Duo of Graeme and Steve i've never seen such good service anywhere and that includes that famed apple store staff.

Always a smile a laugh and a quick banter and if i'm honest i don't think i'd of finished my computer as soon if it wern't for kustom sourcing me parts and giving me advice.

*raises glass*

Heres to Kustom, the staff and the comminuity it founded and 10 more years. :)

10. Graeme*Kustom*

Ha, well, the only reason of maybe trying to plan it in advance is that we had a BBQ two years ago and a group of folks from all over the country came up.

So if we have our 10th birthday party a bit early (eg late summer rather than in October) then we can try and have a similar meetup.

That's really only 2-3 months away so maybe if something could be planned a few more people could make it by having time set aside.

(hints at forthy to organise another road trip) ;)

11. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

I'd absolutely be up for a little Bday Celebration. I didn't realise it'd been so long. I remember walking into that first little shop on Fort Street, back when black everything was the style and the most amazing thing in the world was to have a black CRT.

How things have changed. Kudos Graeme - you've done an amazing job and long may it continue!

Once we get a date set i'll get some time off work and come up, providing i'm free, probably should visit the folks anyway!

12. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

If we can set a date soon... october currectly has very little in it on my work diary :) More than up for it.

six

13. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

I wish I could go, but it's just too far (and expensive :eek: ) :(

14. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

Wheeeeeeere are you?... oh oh ohh ohhhhhh.

15. Graeme*Kustom*

Bearing in mind that October is too late for a BBQ I was thinking more like mid August might be better?

7th/8th
    14th/15th
    21st/22nd

Weekends before and after those dates are not possible for me because of LAN events to exhibit at.

16. harper*

harper* Gold Member

One of the only places in Ayr that sells monster/rockstar chilled and gives first-class advice without trying to rob you of you're precious pennies :D nice job guise :)

BBQ sounds great, any date suits me just fine :)
    while talk of events is rife , is there more word about one of those summer bike runs?xD

17. --Mike--

--Mike-- GRIND ME!

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT THE OTHER DAY!!! :O I would recommend Arran but a bit far for ppl to travel I would imagine xD

18. Graeme*Kustom*

Unfortunately my sideline hobby of running a computer store got in the way of my main job as social events organiser. It's been a busy month ;)

But yes, a good point. HMMM.

Maybe if any of you southern people fancied doing some bike riding on the Saturday at Ae or Mabie Forest in Dumfries, followed by a Saturday night BBQ and then LAN Party the following day?

It might be making things a little too complicated but certainly would make it more of a complete holiday weekend for anyone trying to justify travelling a distance.

I can accomodate a few travellers who need a place to sleep.

I say a few... at the last BBQ meet I think there were more than 10 people staying over at my flat.

If it's too complicated we'll do a separate bike meet though. Maybe brumster and his buddies are heading up this way sometime over the summer?

19. harper*

harper* Gold Member

Awesome haha, I've never been to either of the places but this is beggining to sound like an awesome weekend.

No doubt by the time everyone's put a word in we'll have an events list spanning the entire week! Lucky you Graeme :);)

20. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

I can't do the 7th/8th but other than that it's cool for me anytime in august!