Case NZXT Source S340 - water cooling.

Discussion in 'Cooling / Overclocking' started by cyph07, Nov 5, 2014.

Share This Page

1. cyph07

cyph07 New Member

Hi,

Anyone got s340 case?
    and have you got 'custom' water cooling on it?

I got this case, and got XFX r9 290x, and space from graphics to front case is only 100mm, and cant put rad on top, only single on back, and/or dual on front.

but my mind looks for res' and like to get alphacool lighttower so this is 60mm, but no pump... but I dont know how to mount this res on the case...

anyone can chat with this?

Cheers
    Pete

2. Bryanese

Bryanese Tasted LAN and liked it.

Hi, and welcome to the forums! : )

I don't own this case but I am an avid watercooler and have been for many years now.

With your NZXT case, you could probably mount an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 at the front of the and with a fan depth of, say, 25mm, you should be left with a comfortable gap of ~45mm between the radiator and the graphics card.

As for mounting your pump: how much vertical space do you have between the bottom of your graphics card and the mounting points for the HDDs? You could mount your Alphacool Lighttower beneath the graphics card and to the right of your HDDs if you had at least ~170mm of space.

Hope this helps! : )

3. cyph07

cyph07 New Member

Well, this is my 3rd case with water cooling, first case had zalman external res' tower, had no fans in it at allll :D

My 2nd one is at https://www.gamingtribe.com/images/...=ad7c744f277e715434a568fb34eeeaa5pc&s=300x300 (sorry small pic)

- bought these bits from kustompcs :D year or two ago.

and this is the new casing, etc.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n7loc07zsh9r7q/2014-11-04 16.59.07.jpg?dl=0

and between the ssd caddy to front is 165mm and height from bottom to graphics is 90mm

I believe I could put 2 fans inside the front cover... which is 25mm, after removing the dust filter.

but see the picture of case and things :D

also thanks for the welcome :D

4. Bryanese

Ah, nice nice. Wanted one of those fanless, external radiators for a long while, heh. And very nice red design on your second case!

This is what my machine looked like before I tore her apart in preparation for my current build:

[​IMG]

How about just using two of these Phobya reservoir mounts and just mounting your Lighttower along the top of the case? Or, if there's enough space, you could have it mounted horizontally along the bottom of your case by the HDDs.

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, haven't been home much in the past few days. (>_

5. cyph07

cyph07 New Member

Hmmmm, lighttower is only designed to be vertical, I think, because ... well you need to a video about it... but if horizontally res' I should go after a different res, that's designed to be horizontal and vertical.

but its fine on lateness of replies, im in no rush to complete this machine, xmas to take care off... and among other things in the new year lol

6. Bryanese

You should be fine to mount it horizontally. I'd just advise you wrap some plumbers tape around all the threads before doing so. It's either that or you screw those clamps onto the back of your acrylic side panel and have your reservoir mounted there. The last place I can think of would be the very bottom of the case but you'd either have to cut into that PSU box/HDD mounting thing or remove it entirely; a Dremel would help you cut some nice holes into it and you could line them with rubber grommets for running your tubing in and out.

7. cyph07

cyph07 New Member

Well, I would prefer the light tower to be upright =) anyway, I going to test my old water cooling in this case soon, but this comes with bay res' and this case have NO 5.25" bays

Ok, I dont know how to drain the water cooling in the old case =(
    first water cooling was easy, because the the pipes have a connection clip. I mean, get it out, then closed, clip it on, open. so thats ok.

So soon, I will try to drain the water pipes, and res... hopefully easy without spilling everywhere... ha.

8. cyph07

cyph07 New Member

Finally drained the water cooling last week.

Do anyone know if there is 240mm dual fan radiator with about 25mm depth? =/
    I tried to put old res in the front of the case, in between the case frame and the front panel which has a gab about 25mm/28mm but the panel doesnt fasten.

But wondering if thats a good thing... because of the air flow it cant go anywhere.... but if the radiator is 25mm depth that maybe have some room for air flow exiting...

hope that all makes sense :) ha.