cannock chase today (friday)

Discussion in 'Meetings' started by six5tring, Nov 6, 2009.

Share This Page

1. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

if for any reason any one is in brum tomorrow during the day i'm going for a blast around cannock chase on me bike on my way to manchester to see the lovely Bizenghast. not quite sure on timings but i'll probably be there around midday.

we really ought to sort out something soon again!

six

ps. forthy sorry I didn't sort out seeing you today. good to see you on tuesday though. love to the family!

2. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Ohh, Cannock Chase - my favourite ! If only it wasn't 300 miles away and I didn't have other commitments :)

But we should definitely organise a forum meet there for around Easter time maybe?

It's changed a little, the start sections have been chopped around I think since we last had the kustom meet there and there's a 'Go Ape' area above. I went along after Forthy's wedding (hangover and all) and although there was no kustom forum meet there was an unplanned TT forum meet, which was nice.

3. brumster

brumster Midland Muppet

Yeah, it's been diddled with a bit. Some better bits at the back, but the start sections have been chopped. All in all still a nice, easy, short and fun ride. Can't believe of all the trails in the land it's your fave, G ;) what with 7 Stanes on your doorstep!

4. six5tring

six5tring Silent Kristian Konsumer

Well I'm back from road tripping. Cannock is still good fun and I got properly muddy. As Brummie said few bits have gone few bits have come. The beginning is better now (from memory) but the hair pin section at the top of the hill has gone and been replaced with a shorter section... i presume due to the logging that was going on. If you have an hour (or multiple there-of) to kill it's still excellent fun.

I stumbled upon the cycle centre at the forest-of-dean on thursday and there 3km "serious" single track course was nothing like the quality of cannock. didn't feel remotely scared once!

Next time I'm going away anywhere bikable I'm try and be more organised!

six