BTCC Knockhill Meet Sun 25th August

Discussion in 'Meetings' started by Graeme*Kustom*, Jul 21, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Graeme*Kustom*

Graeme*Kustom* Administrator

Ohh, we don't use this forum section much.

Anyway, a few of us regulars from the Kustom LAN events, indulged in our shared appreciation of motorsport last year with a trip to Knockhill for the British Touring Car Championship. I've watched it on the TV on and off through the years, but have to say, seeing it all in person was an fantastic experience, and I've been hooked on it since.

We're going to get a posse together to go up again, but if anyone else fancied joining our group, well, the more the merrier.

Ticket cost is £27.00 if ordered in advance online (http://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/british-touring-cars-btcc.php) - I can't remember if it was more expensive on the gate last year or not, but certainly no harm in getting them in advance to save time anyway.

Location is near Fife - KY12 9TF - and certainly there's scope to car share for anyone nearby.

Last year we watched from the hairpin and the first set of corners (I forget the names, Ian will know them probably, that's what he does), but I think a trip up to the chicane would be in order this time as well as it's a good spot for action. There's a whole load of support races on as well, and the minis were particularly entertaining last year for their... competitiveness.

Minis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boSGNgswcGU
    BTCC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQyJTqGjUec

[​IMG]

Going so far,

Me + Dad
    NinjaGordy + Others
    Sajuuk Khar + Parents

2. Ninjagordy

Ninjagordy Winner of The Game (UJFL)

i will see yous there... im there saturday/sunday!! NNNNNEEEEEEEEAAAAAAWWW!

3. Sajuuk Kahr

Sajuuk Kahr Kustom Addict

Tickets booked.

4. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

Got this years flyer in the post this week!!! :eek: 23/24 August.

5. Graeme*Kustom*

Had been debating whether to go to Knockhill or Oulton Park this year (as the Super Tourers are one of the support races at Oulton Park).

Probably down to time / budget it will likely be Knockhill again for me though - but will shout to everyone if an OP trip is on the cards.

6. Sajuuk Kahr

I'm doubtful about oulton park, Would love to but I've got work the next day and no chance of getting it off.

7. Graeme*Kustom*

My 'Plan A' holiday isn't going to happen now (although Plan C of going to the tomato fight in Spain one day must happen sometime) - but anyway, Plan B was Oulton Park and Alton Towers, since they are relatively nearby and the name is similar when you say them out loud.

Set off early hours of the morning Saturday 7th June, go to the theme park, book an overnight somewhere, touring cars etc and drive back up on Sunday night (8th June)?

Journey is 4-5 hours each way from Ayr.

8. Sajuuk Kahr

I'm game for it.

9. KobaltedAntland

KobaltedAntland Colin

Thought you had work the next day?:confused:

10. DexDiner

DexDiner Gumpcom Survivor

He means leaving about tea time and getting home about supper time.

I'm a maybe.

11. Sajuuk Kahr

The Alton towers trip kinda makes it better for me.

Leaving 3/4am on sunday monring to arrive oulton to leave there at around 6/7 to be home for midnight is a long day.

12. DexDiner

Sod it, I'm in.

All we need to do now is arrange a hotel and travelling. Who's coming for/with me (my music collection is... eclectic)?

13. Graeme*Kustom*

My idea was maybe to camp at the race track? Fairly cheap and saves the rush of getting in and parked in the morning?

http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/calendar/2014/june/btcc-7-8-june-op.aspx

Would mean rough costs would be

Alton Towers Day Ticket £36
    BTCC Day Ticket Sunday £26
    Camping £18

Total £80

Travelling from Ayr to Alton Towers to Oulton Park and back is 552 miles - assuming a car of economy with average 35mpg that's £93.05 on fuel for one car. So depending how many cars / people share that will be divided up accordingly. 4 people in one car would be £23.26 each, 6 people over 2 cars would be £31.01 each.

Probably want £30-£40 in your wallet as well for those essential things that you need to live, like food.

Fasttrack passes at Alton Towers would have been nice, lets you jump to the front of queues, but the prices for them have gone up like an ascending rollercoaster, but it may be okay since it's off peak season. They used to be £6 for the 4 main rides, but now they've split them about and essentially you may as well pay £22 for the premium one, but starts to make it 'a bit much'.

14. DexDiner

Ah, that's different, that means packing a tent, airbed, sleeping bag, pillow, blanket (it could be cold). How big is your boot?

The only thing I would check is whether we can camp on Saturday night if we're only going to be there Sunday.

15. Graeme*Kustom*

You can buy day tickets and camping separately, can't see why it would be a problem, you don't have to buy a full weekend ticket to get camping afaik.

Boot in my car is massive when the irrelevant rear seat is folded out the way, I've slept in the back of it before :D But of course numbers depending, maybe if 5 people wanted to go or something I would drive, as say if it was 6, putting 3 people in my car... wouldn't be comfortable for anyone. Sometimes squeeze 3 people in when making a short trip / giving lifts, but for 4 hours journey, it wouldn't work. And I think putting someone in the boot is slightly illegal ^_^