Best Unlimted Fibre ISP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cosmo_1847, Feb 18, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

Hi Guys,

We're with Xilo on an unlimited 16Mb/s package that uses C&W network. We're capped at 4MB/s down and 0.5Mb/s upload due to a problem with our phone line. We're looking at getting a fibre package because I'm getting annoyed with 720p videos having to buffer and not being able to stream whilst someone else is downloading.

We're on a 4Mb/s connection but still get through 150GB a month so we think it's best to get an unlimited package because we'd likely blow through that if we have faster internet.

What ISP / package would you guys recommend? We want unlimited internet with a static IP and a ISP that allows me to host things at home. Xilo are great but at £50 / £60 a month for a 500GB off peak limit they're a lot. There is always someone at home. Also their speed guide thing says our phone line can get 18Mb/s down and 20Mb/s upload.

2. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

Plusnet - they offer true unlimited 40/20 or 80/20 packages.

however, if your line has issues then moving to fibre won't remove those issues.
    use the following URL to see what your line and cabinet are capable of
    https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

3. Cosmo_1847

Cosmo_1847 Kiss of death

Thanks, Plusnet was one of the companies I was thinking of. I'm kinda hoping the engineer will sort out any line faults when they install it.

Worse FTTC speed they think is 10Mb/s which is much better than what we have now. It also says I can get 330Mb/s with FTTP :)

4. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

if you have a line fault or line issues then it is the impacted speeds you should be looking at.

5. Samsonite

Samsonite Mine's a frosty one

If you can get FTTP, then go for it - who wouldn't want that? Cost may be an issue but personally I think that most of us use the internet a lot more than other things we pay loads of money for...

6. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

FTTP will limit your choice of ISP though, and bank balance.
    Plusnet are only trialling FTTP at the moment and it's still an 80/20 product.